Blue Chairs

2004

Previous | << 1 2 3 4 >> | Next | Show All

- Sobol (Russia), June 5, 2016

Beautiful story, much left ambiguous, March 16, 2016

I loved it - it develops into something not at all what you'd expect from the beginning, becoming a beautifully poignant tale with great writing- it gets a bit flabby in the middle (Spoiler - click to show)around the maze section as the story doesn't really develop there, and some might not even realise how far it goes, with some of the early possible endings.
I agonised over whether it was a 4/5 star piece- there are a couple of puzzles you'll need to use the hint system for-
But it has some really wonderful insightful and affecting writing- was surprised how young the author was when he wrote this, from the supporting documentation! Really beautiful, although much is still left very ambiguous.

- E. W. B., March 2, 2016

- Mergath, February 25, 2016

Long, trippy journey through a surreal landscape, February 3, 2016

Related reviews: about 2 hours
Blue Chairs is (literally) trippy. After an interesting transaction at a college party, you take a surreal journey through this world and variants of it. Something like an adaptation of Dante's Inferno by James Joyce.

The game contains drug references and strong profanity.

The puzzles are mostly reasonable, although I needed a walkthrough in the convenience store.

As a literary work, it is well written and well done. As a game, the puzzles are interesting and well-connected with the story.

However, I don't really recommend the game. I didn't like the atmosphere and feeling of the game. Everyone's tastes are different, and many people will enjoy this game, but I felt uncomfortable with parts of it.

- Aryore, December 13, 2015

- ibelongia, June 4, 2015

- chux, May 20, 2015

- Thrax, March 11, 2015

- Katrisa (Houston), December 31, 2014

One heck of a Ride!, December 31, 2014

by Chai Hai (Kansas City KS)
I enjoyed this immensely. Several different settings, and a nice plot too. A lot of thought was put into this, it's extremely well written.

My biggest concern was the store maze. That certainly got repetitive ( had to look at the walkthrough to figure the end of that out) but I loved the people you met in the supermarket. The rooms you went into were unique enough to keep me satiated, and I wasn't too annoyed by the maze.

I loved this game's theme of life changes, it was really poignant and definitely gave you a lot to think about. Bravo!

- glasslioness, November 2, 2014

- boxesoffoxes, April 21, 2014

- Simon Deimel (Germany), January 2, 2014

- Cloud-Of-Judgement (Eastern Europe), December 12, 2013

- Egas, August 4, 2013

Klimas has a hold of something very powerful -- interactive fiction steeped in surrealism and symbolism. This sort of thing has been tried before, but Blue Chairs is the best realization of it that I've seen.

You wrote this review - Revise it | Add a comment