adrift.co download link
Alaric Blackmoon 7
Requires an ADRIFT version 5 interpreter. Visit the ADRIFT site for download links.

The Lost Labyrinth of Lazaitch

by Larry Horsfield

Episode 7 of Alaric Blackmoon

Magor the Sorcerer has discovered that the Grimoir of Lazaitch is not lost afterall! It is being kept in a Labyrinth far to the East. Up to Alaric Blackmoon to overcome all obstacles and obtain it.

"The Lost Labyrinth of Lazaitch" is a straightforward oldschool text-adventure.

Track down your stolen horse Molly and save her from a Fate worse than death! Be mystified by the Mirrorlike Lake! Talk to an Enigmatic old explorer! Battle your way through the Labyrinth!

Guide our Hero through the dangerous lands to claim the Tome of Sorcery!

First Publication Date: December 13, 2019
IFID: ADRIFT-500-D505-76F7-47E0-B4F9-6261B70B39EA
TUID: tpy6wg3tgxwjup8

Strawmen, trolls and unicorns. Oh My!, December 25, 2019
by Rovarsson (Belgium)
"The Lost Labyrinth of Lazaitch" is a type of game I miss in newer IF. It's an oldschool fantasy text adventure. Period.

No deep metaphors for our pressing modern times, no personal symbolism about overcoming your deepest fear, no soul-searching tale about spiritual enlightenment.

You are Alaric, a Hero. Somewhere to the East is a Magic Book of great importance. Obstacles and enemies are between you and said book. Overcome them and get the Book. Period.

Aaah, good times!

Be sure to bring your brain, because we all know Heroes need all the help they can get in that department, especially with puzzles like in LLL. Not too hard, but enough to get you scratching your head.
This way, they are both funny and engaging, not frustrating. Just remember the 3 IF commandments: Read, Explore, Examine.

Also bring your imagination, because on your way you will see beautiful and horrifying sights. May you be the first to live and tell the world about the troll-bowl or the Red Tower.

Full disclosure: I playtested this game.

If you enjoyed The Lost Labyrinth of Lazaitch...

Other members recommend these games for people who like The Lost Labyrinth of Lazaitch, or gave both high ratings:

The Axe of Kolt, by Larry Horsfield

ANDROMEDA 1983, by Marco Innocenti
You are Ektor Mastiff, a scientist carrying the most important news in the world! Bring it to the Scientific Committee before it's too late! ANDROMEDA 1983 - An Adventure Game by Marco Innocenti is 1983 by SpaceWhale Software Music by...

Magnetic Moon, by Larry Horsfield
Average member rating: (1 rating)
You are Mike Erlin, assistant astro-navigator on the survey spaceship "Stellar Queen". Your ship has been dragged out of space onto the moon of an earth-like planet by a tractor beam and is now trapped on the surface of the moon. Your...

The Lost Labyrinth of Lazaitch appears in the following Recommended Lists:

Best of ADRIFT 5 by Denk
The following games are in my opinion the best ADRIFT 5 games. The games I like most have been given the highest position, except for Larry Horsfield's games, which would have taken all places in top 5, if I had not distributed them...

This is version 4 of this page, edited by Rovarsson on 25 December 2019 at 8:46am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item