Lost Pig

- iwk, March 5, 2016

- E. W. B., February 23, 2016

- primal, February 11, 2016

A silly but deep game. Humorous, but wears thin on replay, February 3, 2016
I played Lost Pig five years ago when I started playing interactive fiction. I remember thinking that it was a wonderful, wonderful game. I loved the humor of the PC, the silly idea of chasing the pig, the contrast of me with the gnome, and the interesting color puzzles.

However, whenever I go to revisit it, I quickly lose interest. The puzzles were fun the first time, but I find little replay value in the game. If you strip away the narrative voice, the puzzles are only slightly above average.

I recommend this game for everyone to play through once, though. The gnome NPC is brilliant. The color puzzle is fun.

Overall, I found To Hell in a Hamper funnier, and the Rogue of the Multiverse. I think this is a great game, but I wouldn't call it the best of all time, as some have.

- Teaspoon, January 29, 2016

- IFforL2 (East Asia), January 29, 2016

- Guenni (At home), January 24, 2016

Highly enjoyable and entertaining, January 6, 2016
I played this game as an IF novice and found it to be a great introduction to the (modern version) of the genre.

The game focuses on its puzzles, but there is enough plot to keep it interesting. The use of humour is the game's greatest strength, making the characters memorable and the playthrough feel worthwhile.

Grunk as a beginner IF player, January 3, 2016
by namekuseijin (anywhere but home)
I believe Lost Pig is the ultimate IF for beginners. When you're new to it, you could care less for story, setting, good prose or well rounded characters: all of that takes second place to just poking around and reading the fun responses to your inconsequential actions, even as senseless and puerile actions such as taking the moon. IF Beginners love to act like a dumbass of sorts and Grunk indeed is a spot-on character depicting just that level of caveman thinking intelligent people seem to resort to when first confronted with IF. As satire, Lost Pig works great. As a game, it's a highly polished short title, a zanny first foray into IF.

Some think it helps draw people into IF and kind of glorify it. I don't think the kind of people who immenselly enjoyed all of its well implemented whackyness around a simple goal would be willing to play a more serious IF title where you're required to behave and think as the protagonist would and, thus, being told that most of your senseless actions don't work as that first title promised. Thus, the one IF marvel for short-attention-span people who'll never come back for more.

Brilliant, December 28, 2015
I have never played an IF that made me laugh and cry at the same time. The difficulty getting the pig tempered by the hilarious commands that kept me playing this game. I have never found an IF I have found more entertaining that Admiral Jota's Lost Pig.

- gaite, December 19, 2015

- arnoud999, August 11, 2015

- veronica, August 9, 2015

- leanbh, July 30, 2015

- Khalisar (Italy), July 29, 2015

Previous | << 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >> | Next | Show All | Return to game's main page