The Wizard Sniffer

by Buster Hudson profile

You were recently acquired by the brave Ser Leonhart and his squire to sniff out the evil shapeshifting wizard. Unfortunately, you are not a wizard sniffer (if such a thing even exists). As far as you can tell, you are an ordinary pig.

A comedy of errors experienced through a parser with a limited verb set. Also, puzzles.

First Publication Date: October 1, 2017
TUID: uq18rw9gt8j58da

Entrant - 23rd Annual Interactive Fiction Competition (2017)

Utterly Delightful, October 5, 2017
by Hanon Ondricek (United States)
I wish I'd written this:

Ser Leonhart poses like a titan holding up the sky. His hair dances in another breeze. "Not even the Impenetrable Keep can stop the heavy fist of justice. All you need is confidence, my timid tenderfoot, and you can accomplish that which your heart most desires."

You're a pig by the way, and your job is to lead quite a large number of people around to complete the quest and save a Princess from an Evil Wizard. Your hint system is fleas behind your ear, but one tells the truth and one always lies... Love it.

This is an incredible game with so many moving parts, good puzzles, and hysterical writing.

A stellar follow up to Oppositely Opal.

If you enjoyed The Wizard Sniffer...

People who like The Wizard Sniffer also gave high ratings to these games:

I'm Really Sorry About That Thing I Said When I Was Tired and/or Hungry, by Dietrich Squinkifer (Squinky)
"I'm Really Sorry About That Thing I Said When I Was Tired and/or Hungry" is a mostly-autobiographical story of how it was like growing up among several different cultures and not really fitting into any of them.

A THING CALLED DRACULA, by Matt Halton
You are Benedict Drumm, the practical spy. Dracula kissed your mother and nobody told you. You do not know what Dracula is. You only know that you hate him. You must find Dracula and kill him. You can pick up Dracula's trail at Waterloo...

A Cold Grave, by Mike Michalik
In a cold, snowy country a man finds a victim of a Drowner attack. The man is a psychic detective. An old friend. But why are you there?

This is version 1 of this page, edited by CMG on 1 October 2017 at 2:47pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item