On Windows, double click on TextAdventure.​exe.
On Mac and Linux, you must give the executable permission to run:
chmod u+x TextAdventure
./TextAdventure
Linux executable
Linux Application
Mac executable
Mac OS X Application
Windows executable
Windows Application (Windows 7 and later)

Nightmare Adventure

by Laurence Emms and Vibha Laljani

A clock, a wizard and a delicious secret. Solve the riddle to restore life to a town that has all but disappeared.

First Publication Date: October 1, 2018
TUID: lwwyzzjwoj7r3m2w

75th Place - 24th Annual Interactive Fiction Competition (2018)

A small game with a custom parser about magical dreams, January 6, 2019
Despite my low star rating,this game succeeds in (what I believe is) itís authorsí goal. It seems like their intent was to write a complete parser game from scratch that had an interesting storyline, and theyíve done so.

This game is pure fantasy, with mysterious ailments and amulets. Itís very short. The parser lacks almost all conveniences of modern parsers, such as standard actions and abbreviations and robust keyword detection.

The game is short, but has some puzzles I personally found enjoyable, as well as some nice dream/star imagery.

For the IF player used to playing Inform games, I would not recommend this. But as someone who has tinkered around with parser programming, I know how hard this was to make, so the authors did a good job.

This is version 2 of this page, edited by Doug Orleans on 25 November 2018 at 6:15pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item