The Tunnel

by Natalia Theodoridou

Travel

A slick, moody hyperlink game with sound and graphics on a train, August 15, 2017
This is a SubQ magazine game that has a pleasing atmosphere. It has graphics and background noise.

You are on a train with your significant other. It's going through a long tunnel. There are a few other people on the train. It's a moody and introspective piece.

I could go into more detail, but playing the game does not take much longer than reading this review, so why not just try it?

- dutchmule, February 16, 2017

Tunnel Vision, December 12, 2016

by J. J. Guest (London, England)
The Tunnel comes across as an intensely personal meditation on the subject of depression. It's intriguing, but the closed off demeanor of the protagonist means that the other characters in the narrative remain more or less ciphers, and though we are invited to fill in the blanks from our own imagination, we're not given much incentive to do so. As a player, there isn't a lot to do, and my feeling is that this story would have worked just as well as static fiction. The multimedia effects add interest but the text sometimes faded off slightly too quickly forcing me to refresh the page in order to finish reading.

- Doug Orleans (Somerville, MA, USA), December 11, 2016