Walkthrough and map
by David Welbourn

Civil Mimic

by Andrew Schultz profile

Short entry for EctoComp 2017. A simple puzzle.

First Publication Date: October 31, 2017
TUID: c2eqwi7x217jhc2p

12th Place, La Petite Mort (English) - EctoComp 2017

An obtuse, short word puzzle , November 5, 2017
I generally like Andrew Schultz's wordplay games, but this one seems ill-conceived.

It has a concept that is very restrictive, and everything in the game is built up according to this scheme.

You are asked to find a friend and set a clock to a certain time. The issue is, there is no hinting as to the correct solution, yet the game only admits one solution. I thought of other solutions, afterwards; why not allow (Spoiler - click to show)5:04 as LIV? or 10:49 as MIL? I know there are time constraints, but the cluing is off here. On the other hand, Schultz's IFComp 2017 game is one of his most accessible, so I encourage you to try that one out.

Civil Mimic on IFDB

Civil Mimic appears in the following Recommended Lists:

Ectocomp Games by thecanvasrose

My new walkthroughs for November 2018 by David Welbourn
On Friday, November 23, 2018, I published new walkthroughs for the games listed below! Some of these were paid for by my wonderful patrons at Patreon. Please consider supporting me to make even more new walkthroughs for works of...

This is version 2 of this page, edited by David Welbourn on 23 November 2018 at 5:34am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item