Play Silver & Gold
Play online at sub-Q

Silver & Gold

by rosencrantz profile

These things come in pairs... A sacrifice, a chase, a dark night in a dark city.

Silver & Gold is a story told in two voices.

Started for a challenge on Twinery.org. Thanks to this Twinery forum post for technical help.

License: Creative Commons
TUID: 7njol3i9wdd7u5j4

Pretty good; needed more endings, January 10, 2021
The story was pretty good and it drew me in, though there were some parts left unexplained.
Grammar and spelling were fine.
The formatting was a bit confusing to me, but it worked well.
If there's one thing I would change, it's the amount of endings. I found 2 endings after multiple playthroughs all based on one choice. More branching could improve the story.

Fantastic concept, tantalizing glimpse., August 20, 2016
Such an awesome idea! Although extremely tantalizingly short.
A story split into two different *simultaneous* & opposing narratives -it works a little better when the two unfold individually at the start than when they synchronize later.

It'll take a couple of playthroughs to absorb all of the interesting story tidbits going on, and with so many ideas it seems almost like a teaser for something bigger. But really shows what can be done with an interesting concept like this.

., September 30, 2016
A fantasy/thriller story about werewolves. The game has two screens, one side written in classical style and the other side written in a contemporary style. I believe even the font is different to accentuate the difference in time period and prose. I loved this, I'm not a person who reads werewolf stories, but this is actually a fairytale, the prose is vivid and there's a sense of fear as the characters search for this person or are running away from something. Although I will admit that due to the double screen aspect and the fact that I read this a few days ago, I'm a little confused about the plot, but I took this as sort of an epic poem. It really is a beauty.

Pros: beautiful, lurid prose. Fantasy genre.
Cons: Some might not like the double screen aspect.

If you enjoyed Silver & Gold...