En Garde

by Jack Welch

Horror, Comedy

A man who has lost his mind.

A mouse who has lost his realm.

A dog who has lost his family.

And the scientist who will save the world.

First Publication Date: October 1, 2018
License: MIT
IFID: 9E3096B8-0368-4939-96EA-278AA2D12B5D
TUID: 7btsk9iqqku2t8g9

14th Place (tie) - 24th Annual Interactive Fiction Competition (2018)

Funny story with clever interface, November 9, 2018
I enjoyed playing through this one. It is mostly story with only a very small amount of puzzle to it. I thought the interface was very clever (you basically play a parser-based game with a limited verb set by clicking on buttons, no keyboard needed), especially how it evolves over the course of the game. Most of the enjoyment comes from the dialogue that continues as you move around the map. There were a few moments I didn't like, such as (Spoiler - click to show) the info dump when you first meet the doctor and the way the game ends so abruptly (at least that's what it felt like to me) . Overall a fun game with a clever interface that only takes 30-45 minutes to play through, but nothing spectacular.

If you enjoyed En Garde...