make build --deity

by joshg

You awaken, with eyes everywhere, ears that hear all.

It is time for you to make the world right.

They're counting on you.

First Publication Date: October 31, 2017
TUID: 3qypxekbqsoq5nf

6th Place, La Petite Mort (English) - EctoComp 2017

Merging of Creator/Creation/Created, November 5, 2017
A series of iterations of an AI deity being built. Rather than violence and creepy imagery, this game concerns itself more with existential dread:

"You awaken, with eyes everywhere, ears that hear all.

It is time for you to make the world right."

Im hesitant to say much more about it I think it works best going in without much prior knowledge but the look of the game is pleasingly console-screen-style, and along with the ambient soundscape, the whole thing provokes a sense of heavy, dreamlike melancholy.

A sci-fi twine game with many endings about a powerful AI, November 4, 2017
This was a short Ectocomp game written in 3 hours or less.

In that time, the author provided nice background music and good text styling.

The game is fairly linear; all of your choices affect only the next paragraph, until the end, when your choices open up a few different ending options.

I wish I knew more about my choices so I could feel better immersed as the character. The storytelling was good; I could definitely see myself enjoying a longer game from this author, and I enjoyed this one.

make build --deity on IFDB

make build --deity appears in the following Recommended Lists:

Ectocomp Games (All English Winners/Entries) by thecanvasrose

This is version 1 of this page, edited by CMG on 3 November 2017 at 9:57pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item