Fake News

by Mike Sousa profile

I had enough fake news clouding my head even before remembering the words of Zobra the Seer, that today I would encounter great peril, end up in the news, and discover the fate of my great-grandparents. Get out, Zobra. I just want to head to the Algarve for some R&R.

First Publication Date: October 1, 2017
IFID: 5C036A02-2D8E-459C-A50F-16C74FDF0E15
TUID: pjvpa5u0sej5enyf

31st Place - 23rd Annual Interactive Fiction Competition (2017)

A humorous collection of vignettes based on fake news, November 16, 2017
I beta tested this game, and I found it very funny.

Mike Sousa has written many past IF games, and the polish of this game is testament to his experience.

This game is tied together by various real-life newspaper headlines. You are having a pretty crazy day, and you hop from sequence to sequence trying to deal with mistaken identities and rogue celebrities.

There isn't a lot of direct interactivity in the traditional sense, but there's a lot of room to play around in each scene, with plenty of coded actions.

If you enjoyed Fake News...