mortality.taf
Requires an ADRIFT version 4 interpreter. Visit the ADRIFT site for download links.
Mortality Guide.pdf
documentation and solution
To view this file, you need an Acrobat Reader for your system.

Mortality

by David Whyld profile

2005

Development System: ADRIFT
IFID: ADRIFT-400-506910F98A36A2D032D93730E1A845C1
TUID: mfy1qxqwnrhk76u2

12th Place - 11th Annual Interactive Fiction Competition (2005)

After taking a job of a bodyguard for the beautiful wife of the old millionaire Gamble, you fall in love with her; together, you work out a plan of killing her husband and your employer - but whose plan is it, after all?..

A plot-oriented game without any puzzles, but with mystic elements. Unfortunately, I couldn't reach an optimal ending - neither the first time, as I played it on my own, nor for the second one, as I resorted to the enclosed walkthrough. Maybe I've just chosen the wrong option somewhere, but, to be honest, I've just hadn't the patience to check it. Anyway, the critical decision points seem to be hidden very carefully; those of them that should have affected the outcome of the game, for some reason have not.

-- Valentine Kopteltsev

If you enjoyed Mortality...