Story file
This file is playable using the Quest interpreter for Windows.
Walkthrough and map
Verbose walkthrough and map by David Welbourn.

Jacqueline, Jungle Queen!

by Steph Cherrywell

Fantasy/Humor

First Publication Date: October 1, 2014
Development System: Quest 5
TUID: h63kzv5acq9s7dak

Nominee, Best Puzzles - 2014 XYZZY Awards

3rd Place - 20th Annual Interactive Fiction Competition (2014)

Medium-sized Quest game with wonderful game mechanic and some parser problems, February 3, 2016
This is my first Quest game; as such, it includes a map that you fill out as you explore, and lists all important objects in a room as well as your inventory at all times.

Besides the usual inventory, the game has a great additional mechanic that gives you an additional way to solve puzzles. This was fantastic, and I wanted to keep playing just to explore the mechanic.

The story was fun, but not especially motivating. The parser was terrible; so many obvious synonyms were not implemented that the game became a frustrating guess-the-verb game too frequently. However, the new mechanic was so fun that I kept playing anyway.

If you enjoyed Jacqueline, Jungle Queen!...

People who like Jacqueline, Jungle Queen! also gave high ratings to these games:

Enchanter, by Marc Blank, Dave Lebling
In Enchanter, the first of a spellbinding series in the tradition of Zork, you are a novice magician whom Fate has chosen to do singlehanded combat with a dark and fierce power. But worldly weapons will avail you naught, for your foe is...

Guilded Youth, by Jim Munroe
You play Tony, a fourteen-year old thief who needs some help looting the legendary Oakville Manor. Luckily it's the 1980s and finding fellow adventurers is just a modem squeal away...

The Space Under the Window, by Andrew Plotkin
A new, experimental game that has no puzzles but uses only words that change your focus on things, thereby adapting the story. [--blurb from The Z-Files Catalogue]

Jacqueline, Jungle Queen! appears in the following Recommended Lists:

Games that made me smile by MathBrush
I wanted to do a list of comedy games, but I think people rarely think "I want to play a comedy game"; to me, the phrase brings up some kind of jokey, goofy game, like many of the poorly made Twine games that people make now. Instead,...

The following polls include votes for Jacqueline, Jungle Queen!:

For Your Consideration: Games from 2014 that should be nominated for the XYZZY Awards by Molly
There were a lot of great games released in the past year, and now that the XYZZYs are coming up, it seems like a very good idea to take a poll of all the games from last year people would like to see nominated. The management has asked...

Games with maps... by Xionix
I started playing Counterfeit Monkey, and I notice a good map is a way for us newbies to get into the game more easy. And I hate to draw so, are any other games that got a in-game map? It can be any genre.

Games where you can't screw up by Pinstripe
Sometimes, when I'm playing a game, I spend more time juggling my save files than I do reading the text. I don't want to have to restart because I picked up the green rod instead of the clay jug (with apologies to Zarf). So I'm looking...

This is version 8 of this page, edited by David Welbourn on 19 June 2015 at 11:08pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item