available for purchase at Gog.​com

by Steve Meretzky

Episode 3 of Spellcasting
Collegiate, Fantasy, Humor
1992

Sorcerer University: Dangerously close to a real education!

Follow the sun to Fort Naughtytail and party hardy with Ernie and his fraternity brothers. They're hoping to find sand in all the wrong places but end up in a series of zany beach contests complete with we T-shirts, mud wrestling, and body surfing.

License: Commercial
Development System: Custom
Forgiveness Rating: Nasty
IFID: MZ-1396FA55D79C8D5E761DCABF59175253
TUID: brsnzz5ntlbxnzei

Sequel to Spellcasting 201: The Sorcerer's Appliance, by Steve Meretzky

Adventure Classic Gaming

There are far too many positive aspects of this game to be listed. In addition to the superb graphics and sounds, the game's humor is abundant and very funny. The game space is quite large and all of the locations are worth visiting beyond what you may need to do with the puzzles. The use of magic, while building on the previous titles, offers even greater opportunity for experimentation with lots of results possible from all sorts of different spells. The puzzles, which are numerous in this game, are all well thought out. Though differing greatly in style and difficulty from its predecessors, these puzzles still require fairly creative solutions that test your common sense. None of them, on the other hand, require huge leaps of logic or other unfair tactics. The game maintains its atmosphere completely throughout. It never loses its tone or strays away from the formula that has worked so well previously for this series. The only negative aspect of this game is the endgame sequence which can be mildly frustrating. There is one glaring (but not game altering) typographical error. The most disappointing part about the game or the series, though, is that there is no sequel!
-- Matthew Murray

The graphics, music and sound effects are of the same quality as those seen in Gateway. As you would expect from a beachside setting there is a lot a bare flesh on view but, even in 'Naughty' mode, there is no complete nudity. [...] I felt that this third game was the most difficult in the series so far with a lot of excellent puzzles and a great ending.
-- Neil Shipman

If you enjoyed Spellcasting 301: Spring Break...

People who like Spellcasting 301: Spring Break also gave high ratings to these games:

Cryptozookeeper, by Robb Sherwin
Marrow is delicious but that's not why you're here. You're supposed to pick up a single jar of alien bone jelly, which of course can't exist and doesn't exist, so you've convinced yourself that transporting it is no crime. Getting worked...

Elizabeth Hawke's Forever Always, by Iain Merrick
An interactive romance novel.

Dr. Dumont's Wild P.A.R.T.I., by Muffy Berlyn and Michael Berlyn
"Failing physics--again--would be traumatic enough. But now, you're trapped inside a Particle Accelerator and Reality Translation Integrator, the product of mad genius meeting mixed metaphors. Originally designed to help the human mind...

Spellcasting 301: Spring Break appears in the following Recommended Lists:

Campus Capers by Walter Sandsquish
Games set on the author's campus have the same reputation as games set at the author's home: clumsy and clunky. But, some college games have excelled ...

The following polls include votes for Spellcasting 301: Spring Break:

Games with graphics and/or sound by eyesack
I couldn't find an easy way to search for this, so I figured I'd ask the hivemind: What games use graphics and/or sound to enhance the gameplay, similar to City of Secrets and Necrotic Drift?

Games with maps... by Xionix
I started playing Counterfeit Monkey, and I notice a good map is a way for us newbies to get into the game more easy. And I hate to draw so, are any other games that got a in-game map? It can be any genre.

This is version 5 of this page, edited by DonaldJohnson on 2 May 2018 at 4:16pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item