Spellcasting 201: The Sorcerer's Appliance

by Steve Meretzky

Episode 2 of Spellcasting
Collegiate, Fantasy, Humor
1991

Sorcerer University: Dangerously close to a real education!

Returning to SU for his sophomore year, Earnie Eaglebeak stumbles across the magical Appliance, survives pledge week, and romps through the bedrooms and barrooms, turrets and tunnels of Sorcerer University.

License: Commercial (Out of Print)
Development System: Custom
Forgiveness Rating: Nasty
IFID: MZ-EEE174CC4287BF1948012DB3DDD4EA5E
TUID: 7mcxuyfwj42vc5w2

Followed by sequel Spellcasting 301: Spring Break, by Steve Meretzky

If you enjoyed Spellcasting 201: The Sorcerer's Appliance...

People who like Spellcasting 201: The Sorcerer's Appliance also gave high ratings to these games:

When in Rome 2: Far from Home, by Emily Short
Manhattan, 1954.

Violet, by Jeremy Freese
Calm down. All you have to do is write a thousand words and everything will be fine. And you have all day, except it's already noon. [blurb from IF Comp 2008]

Wrenlaw, by Ryan Veeder
It would be nice to know what you're looking for.

Spellcasting 201: The Sorcerer's Appliance appears in the following Recommended Lists:

Campus Capers by Walter Sandsquish
Games set on the author's campus have the same reputation as games set at the author's home: clumsy and clunky. But, some college games have excelled ...

The following polls include votes for Spellcasting 201: The Sorcerer's Appliance:

Games with graphics and/or sound by eyesack
I couldn't find an easy way to search for this, so I figured I'd ask the hivemind: What games use graphics and/or sound to enhance the gameplay, similar to City of Secrets and Necrotic Drift?

Games with maps... by Xionix
I started playing Counterfeit Monkey, and I notice a good map is a way for us newbies to get into the game more easy. And I hate to draw so, are any other games that got a in-game map? It can be any genre.

This is version 2 of this page, last edited on 26 August 2011 at 2:01pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item