This is a commercial game that plays in-browser.

Human Errors

by Katherine Morayati

A contractor assigned to handle bug reports for a wearable mood-regulation device becomes unwitting witness to trauma and crime.

First Publication Date: May 15, 2018
License: Commercial
IFID: 4FA0B511-7D2F-44D6-858E-CD2D7DC1CE79
TUID: 14oexa2wyym73glu

A help-desk for wearable emotion-manipulators. Fiction through bureaucracy., May 22, 2018
This is a complex Twine-and-Javascript based game that reproduces the help-desk environment from IT. You are given a bunch of tickets or help requests to address. You can dismiss them, respond to them, rank their severity, etc.

But instead of normal IT, you're troubleshooting a device that creates impulses in others.

As you progress, your performance is evaluated, and others might respond to you. The story slowly splays out.

It's an odd story, too. Like Morayati's other works regarding technological dystopias (Laid Off from the Synesthesia Factory, Take), the game explores uncomfortable parts of the human condition.

The game takes real-life issues (like the below-minimum-wage oppression of gig jobs like Mechanical Turk, having to buy cheap knock-offs of products that can harm you, workplace harassment, etc.) which people have gradually become numb too and puts them in a startling new light by applying them to new situations.

If you liked this work, I strongly recommend the two other games I mentioned earlier.

If you enjoyed Human Errors...