Dreamland

by Tatiana Statsenko (as eejitlikeme)

Dreams are fascinating, illogical, colourful, and some people just cannot live without them.

Are you sleeping to remember or are you sleeping to forget?

Credits to testers: Uliana Sirotina, Matt Nicolls

First Publication Date: October 1, 2018
TUID: xk3balqbbisgoo35

63rd Place - 24th Annual Interactive Fiction Competition (2018)

Short, weird, not that entertaining, October 19, 2018
Feels like someone programmed a weird dream they once had into a short game. It was just odd and I didn't find any meaning in it. I think there was a glitch in it if you don't go in a certain order, or maybe it was caused by playing through a second time without restarting the game, but it felt like the game assumed you would go through it from A to B and only explained the first part of B in part A, so starting with B as you are allowed to do is confusing.

Are your dreams inconnection with your deeds?, November 1, 2018
First it was a bit hard to me to find out what is the task in this game. It's a rather short, and maybe a bit surreal interactive experience. The game not as hard as it seems. It counts in the game that what you did before you go to bed. There is 1 really task in the game: to choose the correct book in the library. The correct book always depends on our choices before sleeing. Brilliant! The writer's last year's entry was better, but it's also done. One of the best games in this Year. I give it a 5.

If you enjoyed Dreamland...

People who like Dreamland also gave high ratings to these games:

HAIZARA, by Rani Baker
My first game attempt, a Twine project that hearkens back to the days of LCD handheld games. A short adventurous romp in a fantasy world. Made for Twiny Jam.

The Speaker, by Norbez
Daniel Riviera lives on an Earth very different from our own, populated by both aliens and humans. A. A. Arthur is one of those aliens, a popular blogger and adviser for all of the planet's residents. Every day, he answers questions that...

Into the Lair, by Kenna
You're standing in the silent graveyard, by the entrance to the crypt Wil pulled you out of when she rescued you. The sky grows brighter and brighter behind you; soon, it'll be too light outside for you to stand it. You're terrified, and...

This is version 3 of this page, edited by Doug Orleans on 25 November 2018 at 5:54pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item