Ravine

by Joanna Berry

- E.K., August 9, 2019

- Mona Mae (South Africa), August 6, 2019

Delicious horror!, August 4, 2019

I really enjoyed this experience - without giving too much away, it employs some classic horror elements from the likes of John Carpenter or Lovecraft to great effect, while tempting the reader to make some dark choices. Well worth a read!

Amazingly thrilling story, July 10, 2019
I'm not particular fond of CYOA-style "games". This one hooked me on though. The setting (a company special investigator arrives at a company-owned research site in remote, snow-covered Norway to find out about a missing team) is fairly fresh, the story and it's pacing are crisp and the writing is excellent - not too brief, not sprawling, but to the point in a way that lets you visualize scenery and action. The author gets something out of the limited "game" mechanics by locking the player from information through the choices she makes. I'm sure there's alternative endings and I have the feeling those are only determined by the last three or four choices, but that's just guesswork. For a gamebook this is an excellent piece of entertainment. If you're a kid, or you're easily scared by anything more scary than Sesame Street, be warned - the secret agent story gets a slightly lovecrafty twist during its course.