dumont.z5
dumontmanual.pdf
documentation
Walkthrough and maps
by David Welbourn

Dr. Dumont's Wild P.A.R.T.I.

by Muffy Berlyn and Michael Berlyn

Surreal
1999

"Failing physics--again--would be traumatic enough. But now, you're trapped inside a Particle Accelerator and Reality Translation Integrator, the product of mad genius meeting mixed metaphors. Originally designed to help the human mind understand particle physics, the sub-atomic world inside is a strange blend of mysticism and science, of Zen contemplation and Marx Brothers movies. Dr. Gregory Dumont has sucked you into his P.A.R.T.I., but it's no picnic in there. This is a new version of the original, ported to Inform and much expanded - twice the size of the original."
[--blurb from The Z-Files Catalogue]

License: Former commercial
IFID: ZCODE-1-990223-FC83
TUID: s261gocee0qwv4rs

A wacky blend of particle physics, elementary Zen, and pure surreality; one of the most bizarre examples of true IF ever published. Some of the puzzles are tough and require you to think in new directions, but there are none that I would call truly unfair. Recommended for those who found Trinity too tame.

-- R. Serena Wakefield

This is a puzzlefest wrapped up in an Einstein poster. It looks cool and makes you feel smart, but ultimately, it's just a paper-thin diversion. (Andrea Crain)

Dr. Dumont indeed hasn't got the vast philosophical background Trinity possesses; in fact, it's entirely light-hearted. This doesn't mean, however, a quality decrease: splendid writing, consistently high level of detail, carefully implemented characters, and a state-of-the-art hint system are a sufficient warranty against disappointment. (Valentine Kopteltsev)

Xyzzy News
Good plot, great use of comedy, relevant puzzles that don't require countless saves, and "feelies". (Joe Merical)

If you enjoyed Dr. Dumont's Wild P.A.R.T.I....