dumont.z5
copy protection
dumontmanual.pdf
documentation
To view this file, you need an Acrobat Reader for your system.

Dr. Dumont's Wild P.A.R.T.I.

by Muffy Berlyn and Michael Berlyn

Surreal
1999

"Failing physics--again--would be traumatic enough. But now, you're trapped inside a Particle Accelerator and Reality Translation Integrator, the product of mad genius meeting mixed metaphors. Originally designed to help the human mind understand particle physics, the sub-atomic world inside is a strange blend of mysticism and science, of Zen contemplation and Marx Brothers movies. Dr. Gregory Dumont has sucked you into his P.A.R.T.I., but it's no picnic in there. This is a new version of the original, ported to Inform and much expanded - twice the size of the original."
[--blurb from The Z-Files Catalogue]

License: Former commercial
IFID: ZCODE-1-990223-FC83
TUID: s261gocee0qwv4rs

A wacky blend of particle physics, elementary Zen, and pure surreality; one of the most bizarre examples of true IF ever published. Some of the puzzles are tough and require you to think in new directions, but there are none that I would call truly unfair. Recommended for those who found Trinity too tame.

-- R. Serena Wakefield

This is a puzzlefest wrapped up in an Einstein poster. It looks cool and makes you feel smart, but ultimately, it's just a paper-thin diversion. (Andrea Crain)

Dr. Dumont indeed hasn't got the vast philosophical background Trinity possesses; in fact, it's entirely light-hearted. This doesn't mean, however, a quality decrease: splendid writing, consistently high level of detail, carefully implemented characters, and a state-of-the-art hint system are a sufficient warranty against disappointment. (Valentine Kopteltsev)

Xyzzy News
Good plot, great use of comedy, relevant puzzles that don't require countless saves, and "feelies". (Joe Merical)

If you enjoyed Dr. Dumont's Wild P.A.R.T.I....

People who like Dr. Dumont's Wild P.A.R.T.I. also gave high ratings to these games:

Kaged, by Ian Finley
""But my madness speaks: It will but skin and film the ulcerous place, Whilst rank corruption, mining all within, Infects unseen." Welcome to the Citadel of Justice. The Inquisitor is waiting." [--blurb from Competition Aught-Zero]

TimeQuest, by Bob Bates
You are a private in an organization called the Temporal Corps. As the game begins, a general calls you into his office, explaining that a Corps lieutenant has apparently conceived the insane notion of going back in time to deliberately...

Zork I, by Marc Blank and Dave Lebling
Many strange tales have been told of the fabulous treasure, exotic creatures, and diabolical puzzles in the Great Underground Empire. As an aspiring adventurer, you will undoubtedly want to locate these treasures and deposit them in your...

The following polls include votes for Dr. Dumont's Wild P.A.R.T.I.:

Once More, With Feelies by Ghalev
I'm polling to learn of modern (post-commercial-era) IF that revels in the tradition of providing additional documentation & related materials which are evocative and deepen your enjoyment of the game. What games have gone that extra...

This is version 5 of this page, edited by Edward Lacey on 27 January 2013 at 11:40am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item