SLAMMED!

- fredfredfred, February 9, 2018

- Sobol (Russia), February 3, 2018

- hoopla, December 7, 2017

ENGROSSING. FUN. , June 24, 2017
by Danielle (The Wild West)
Related reviews: choice of games
SLAMMED! is top-of-the-line CYOA/commercial Interactive Fiction, well-written and well worth the price of admission!

I know next to nothing about pro wrestling, but am enjoying every second of SLAMMED!, from the very cool, over-the-top characters I'm meeting to the backstage machinations of the industry. I am SO invested in my character, Alanna Roundhouse, and the journey she's making in this story!

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful! The only thing I could wish for would be an option to adjust the font size!

- Mona Mae (South Africa), February 10, 2017

- magicnumber, January 9, 2017

SPAG Specifics - Issue #63 - By Hugo Labrande
Slammed! succeeds at its main goal, which is to be an awesome game about wrestling: the author is clearly very familiar with the wrestling world, and manages to reproduce this in a world and a story that feel true. [...] The game is transparently written as escapism [...] for wrestling, where the problems are painfully apparent and have broken into the mainstream [...], leaving them out completely didnít really feel right to me.

You wrote this review - Revise it | Add a comment

A truly epic Choicescript game focusing on people, grudges, and storytelling , July 7, 2016
Related reviews: 2-10 hours
This game is truly epic. I felt like I was reading a novel as I played. It lasted long; longer than any of the other choicescript games I played.

I had trouble putting it down. A game about professional wrestling seemed so silly, but it's cinematic, almost like Rocky. There's a lot about second chances, betrayals, seeing the truth. It's so much better than it seemed from the blurb and art.

Subplots include a variety of romances, long term relationships with a rival, and so on. You can choose to be a face or a heel, and seeing the psychology about being a heel was very interesting.

Strongest recommendation.