Going Down

by Hanon Ondricek profile

Journey to another world. Return if you can.

A Grand Guignol entry to Ectcomp 2017.

First Publication Date: October 31, 2017
Development System: AXMA Story Maker
TUID: kk1pf67hjxdqnwsg

4th Place, Le Grand Guignol (English) - EctoComp 2017

8Bit Undead
Going Down is a fantastic little text adventure game...
I am going to be completely honest here. I did not have high expectations for a text adventure game that basically took place inside an elevator. I couldn’t have been more wrong. Going Down does a really great job of bringing the infamous “Creepypasta” legend to life. (8/10)

A creepy elevator game with great graphics and sound, November 2, 2017
This is a game that should be enjoyed at a slow pace, even though it's not too long. The slow-burn is the point, and it's good! I also recommend sound.

A friend of yours wants to play the 'elevator game', a creepypasta-esque game where you have to go to different floors in different orders, and you are supposed to end up in an alternate universe.

The elevator is mimicked here with muzak, elevator bings, and gentle use of graphics. I liked it! But it's hard to rush through.

If you enjoyed Going Down...

People who like Going Down also gave high ratings to these games:

The Blind House, by Amanda Allen
I scarcely know the woman at my side. I don't even know why she was the one I turned to. I can only hope that we haven't been followed, that she won't ask too many questions. The only choice left to me now is to trust her.

Word of the Day, by Richard Otter
You are the very first Outer Worlder to gain an appointment on a Bio-Drive vessel, let alone as part of the engineering team. Looking to gain enough credits to procreate could this be your first and last journey?

Narcolepsy, by Adam Cadre

Going Down appears in the following Recommended Lists:

Ectocomp Games by thecanvasrose

The following polls include votes for Going Down:

Creepy Games by J'onn Roger
I'm not looking for supernatural/ghost stories or horror stories, just games that do a good job being scary and/or disturbing.

For your consideration: XYZZY-eligible Implementation of 2017 by MathBrush
This is for suggesting games released in 2017 which you think might be worth considering for Best Implementation in the XYZZY awards. This is not a zeroth-round nomination. The category will still be text-entry, and games not mentioned...

For your consideration: XYZZY-eligible stories of 2017 by MathBrush
This is for suggesting games released in 2017 which you think might be worth considering for Best Story in the XYZZY awards. This is not a zeroth-round nomination. The category will still be text-entry, and games not mentioned here will...

This is version 9 of this page, edited by Hanon Ondricek on 20 June 2018 at 10:42am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item