Play now

Llama Adventure

by John Cooney

Surreal
2009

You're a llama confronted with a series of escape-the-room tasks. Your interaction takes the form of a chat with the person supervising your tests.

Development System: Custom
TUID: is8iri1lqoxjt7zn

Jay Is Games
Yes, jmtb02 does love to skewer us, and does so perhaps a little too sharply here. But whether you get the ending completely, or walk away with a sour taste in your mouth, you can't deny the fact that Llama Adventure is quite an accomplishment in a genre that has always experienced accessibility issues. It's easy to manipulate, fun to play, and if you can take a joke you won't mind Cooney poking fun at you a bit in the end.
-- Kyle E. Moore

Great intro to IF, June 24, 2009
Llama adventure was the first text adventure/interactive fiction I played all the way through, and was the game that really got me interested in IF. I found it easy to work with, the puzzles were interesting but not extremely hard, and the humour was quite good.
When I came back to Llama Adventure after playing more text games and getting acquainted with the standard commands and such, I actually found Llama Adventure harder to work with, because it wouldn't accept commands such as "examine" (you have to use "look at" instead), and there were some cases where you have to try to figure out a specific wording such as (Spoiler - click to show) "use badkey with lock" because other wordings such as "unlock door with badkey" doesn't work.

So if you're new to IF, this is a great introduction! I showed it to a friend recently and she loved it (started playing other games by the author in order to get the extra codes for Llama Adventure). If you're more experienced with IF, it can get a bit frustrating.

Nothing Special for IF Veterens, April 13, 2010
by tggdan3 (Michigan)
The game is very simple. It's a flash game that speaks to you in a conversational manner. "Hey, Llama! Welcome to my room. Why don't you look around?" Key words are highlighted in colors to make the text interface easier. The parser is terrible- unlock lock with key, open lock with key, unlock door, unlock lock, open lock, open door etc do not work when you are put up against a door and you have a key.

The game seems more like an introduction to typing and reading for young children then a serious game. If you are used to IF and above the age of 10, you probably won't get much out of this game.

If you enjoyed Llama Adventure...