Requires online play

This Is A Real Thing That Happened

by Carolyn VanEseltine profile

Slice of life

This short game was created for RuinJam 2015.

First Publication Date: August 9, 2014
TUID: ijq8fomzfo6979rs

Short, but enjoyable and clever, February 16, 2015
When I first fired this up I wasn't sure what to make of it. It seemed to be just telling a non-interactive story. However, the game's smarter than that and it's worth the short playthrough for the clever (I thought) twist at the end.

A moral lesson, experiment, or thoughtpiece as an Inform game, September 19, 2018
I found this game to be touching. It's an online-only Inform game that asks you to make a certain moral choice.

It has a unique sort of interactivity that is only available in an online game. Due to the specific response I got, I'm not sure if this kind of interactivity is still operational.

It is short, and deals with the nature of story vs. game (among other things).

If you enjoyed This Is A Real Thing That Happened...

People who like This Is A Real Thing That Happened also gave high ratings to these games:

You had, like, so much going on, by porree
You kind of know what to expect from a Twine + Gender medley. Nevertheless, have yet another one. No trigger warnings, but also no solutions for anything. Just some words about growing up being made confused.

Marika the Offering, by revgiblet
An entry in the 2007 One Room Game Competition. You play a young girl, trapped in a tower room and in fear for her life.

Lost and Found, by Felicity Drake
Jun lives on a bench in Edogawa Park. He's come to know the neighborhood, and it unsettles him when one of the daily commuters disappears: Ms. Ishii, a schoolteacher. Why did she go missing, and why is no one else looking for her? An...

This is version 3 of this page, edited by cvaneseltine on 16 February 2015 at 12:01am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item