Requires online play

This Is A Real Thing That Happened

by Carolyn VanEseltine profile

Slice of life

This short game was created for RuinJam 2015.

First Publication Date: August 9, 2014
TUID: ijq8fomzfo6979rs

A moral lesson, experiment, or thoughtpiece as an Inform game, September 19, 2018
I found this game to be touching. It's an online-only Inform game that asks you to make a certain moral choice.

It has a unique sort of interactivity that is only available in an online game. Due to the specific response I got, I'm not sure if this kind of interactivity is still operational.

It is short, and deals with the nature of story vs. game (among other things).

Short, but enjoyable and clever, February 16, 2015
When I first fired this up I wasn't sure what to make of it. It seemed to be just telling a non-interactive story. However, the game's smarter than that and it's worth the short playthrough for the clever (I thought) twist at the end.

If you enjoyed This Is A Real Thing That Happened...