Requires online play

This Is A Real Thing That Happened

by Carolyn VanEseltine profile

Slice of life

This short game was created for RuinJam 2015.

First Publication Date: August 9, 2014
TUID: ijq8fomzfo6979rs

Short, but enjoyable and clever, February 16, 2015
When I first fired this up I wasn't sure what to make of it. It seemed to be just telling a non-interactive story. However, the game's smarter than that and it's worth the short playthrough for the clever (I thought) twist at the end.

A moral lesson, experiment, or thoughtpiece as an Inform game, September 19, 2018
I found this game to be touching. It's an online-only Inform game that asks you to make a certain moral choice.

It has a unique sort of interactivity that is only available in an online game. Due to the specific response I got, I'm not sure if this kind of interactivity is still operational.

It is short, and deals with the nature of story vs. game (among other things).

If you enjoyed This Is A Real Thing That Happened...

People who like This Is A Real Thing That Happened also gave high ratings to these games:

The Chinese Room, by Harry Giles and Joey Jones
The Chinese Room is a hilarious romp through the world of philosophical thought experiments. Have you ever wanted to win Zeno's race? Free the denizens of Plato's Cave? Or find out what it's really like to be a bat? Now is your chance!

Nautilisia, by Ryan Veeder
Your friend claims to be in a coma.

Superluminal Vagrant Twin, by C.E.J. Pacian
A text-only space sim. Ply the spaceways. Make five million credits. Buy back your twin. (Superluminal Vagrant Twin is a shallow but broad exploration game.)

This is version 3 of this page, edited by cvaneseltine on 16 February 2015 at 12:01am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item