Return to the game's main page
Reviews and Ratings
1-13 of 13
- Arrowhead12 (Edmonton, Alberta), June 11, 2020
6 of 6 people found the following review helpful:An under-appreciated classic, June 30, 2015
The game has enormous attention to detail; the game's vocabulary is about 2000 words, and the number of in game messages is about 2000 as well.
This attention to detail becomes a bit too much at times, with descriptions that are over packed with words. Many of the puzzles depend on clues hidden in the middle of large paragraphs.
The game contains more red herrings than any other game I have seen.
In the end, after seeing some of the author's reviews here and his blog (the author is AmberShards), I wonder if the game is partially autobiographical. The author and the PC hate conformity, and fight against perceived oppression.
Was this review helpful to you? Yes No
More Options| View comments (1) - Add comment
- Jim Kaplan (Jim Kaplan has a room called the location. The location of Jim Kaplan is variable.), June 8, 2013
- Catalina, August 19, 2012
- bloodzeed, April 20, 2012
- MonochromeMolly, November 9, 2011
- gschmidl, May 16, 2011
- Ghalev (Northeastern PA, United States), June 18, 2010
From the Author
by AmberShardsBuilding is an atmospheric surreal/horror game with puzzles that are loosely connected together. As far as tone goes, it is darkly romantic through and through. It won't appeal to puzzle fiends, but atmosphere junkies will find it more to their liking. Theme? The nature of the modern workplace, seen through a very cynical and mourning mirror.
There are no bugs that I'm aware of; the game is playable and winnable. The puzzles are fair and not difficult except for one, which is challenging. I designed it that way so as to not disrupt the atmosphere.
It is influenced by Babel, so fair warning would be if you don't care for that style of gameplay, you won't enjoy Building much either.
- James Jolley (Peterborough, United Kingdom), January 16, 2009
- zer, July 27, 2008
- reepeecheep (Harare), May 20, 2008
- barack_obama, May 7, 2008