Quest 5 story file

The Myothian Falcon

by Andy Joel

Mystery
2011

"That day, the 9th of June, 3145, started out like any other, perhaps a little hotter than usual. Then Maisy DeValle entered his office."

Vic Gantry, P.I., has a new client. She is wanted for the murder of her rich husband, Lawrence.

First Publication Date: October 1, 2011
Development System: Quest 5
IFID: A5C91069519F30D9596BA4EC411648ED
TUID: f317frww9rmbw7ak

24th Place - 17th Annual Interactive Fiction Competition (2011)

A detective game with a great story but a few unfortunate bugs, June 26, 2019
Related reviews: about 2 hours
This game was actually pretty good. You are on a different planet, but in a very grungy-noir city. I didn't think of it at the time, but the aliens take the place of non-white races or transgender individuals or any other minority you want to think of.

A murder has occurred, and soon enough the mysterious artifact known as the Myothian Falcon (a direct nod to the Maltese Falcon) shows up missing as well.

Two things make this game problematic: guessing conversation topics (often impossible feeling!) and a few bugs. I asked out an encryptionist on a date, didn't do so hot, was told not to bother again, but when I talked to her, she acted like she was still on the date.

Beating without restarting or using a walkthrough seemed impossible for me, but otherwise this was a great game.

If you enjoyed The Myothian Falcon...

People who like The Myothian Falcon also gave high ratings to these games:

Sorcerer, by Steve Meretzky
Sorcerer, the second of a spellbinding fantasy series in the tradition of Zork, takes you on a magical tour through the darker side of Zorkian enchantment. Your journey begins with a cryptic diary - the last trace of the now-vanished...

Blue Lacuna, by Aaron A. Reed
You have always been different. One in a trillion have your gift, your curse: to move between worlds, never settling, always alone. To Wayfare. Yet there are others like you, and something stronger than coincidence binds you together,...

Across The Stars: The Ralckor Incident, by Dark Star and Peter Mattsson
In the year 5367 IR, humanity is well established throughout the galaxy. It has been over twenty-thousand years since the Zal'tacs passed through our solar system, trading their technology for our food and resources. Lucius Winterson,...

The Myothian Falcon appears in the following Recommended Lists:

Detective and mystery games by MathBrush
These are games where you play a detective or someone else investigating a mystery. Most of them are realistic games which I am splitting off of my realistic list. Some are more magical or science fi-ish.

This is version 1 of this page, edited by David Welbourn on 26 October 2011 at 5:03am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item