Attack of the Yeti Robot Zombies

by Řyvind Thorsby

Humor
2006

Go to the game's main page

Treat this game as it is: an experiment in removing the save/restore safety net., February 3, 2016
This game treats a really important aspect of interactive fiction: the save feature. Most games, despite any sense of urgency they may try to instill, become slow, measured-out puzzle games with the heavy use of save and restore.

It is almost impossible to overcome the habit of save and restore, probably because most games intend the reader to use it.

This game was designed as a full-throttle, jump-out-of-the-airplane experience. You should absolutely not undo, save or restore this game; in the Club Floyd transcript, one of the users hit undo out of habit, when it seemed that all was lost; but they then undid the undo, and promised to finish the game together, and it was worth it.

This is a short game, and a fun game. I would give it 5 stars in its genre, but 3 stars as a generic interactive fiction game. As it is, I'm leaving it with no rating.

Comments on this review

Previous | << 1 >> | Next

jflower, August 18, 2018 - Reply
"As it is, I'm leaving it with no rating."

But you left it with a four star rating, not no rating.
Previous | << 1 >> | Next