TUNDRA

Walking.
On a tundra.
You're cold.
Where are you?
How did you end up here?

Forgiveness Rating: Tough
TUID: a545or5ijyo73cn4

1st Place, MOOD; 21st Place, OVERALL - Ludum Dare 32

GameSkinny
Six Ludum Dare 32 Games You Won't Want to Miss
"Tundra was made by, arguably, one of the most technically gifted Twine authors working today and is a great example of the ways you can excel within the time limits"

Indiegames.com
Freeware Pick: TUNDRA by PaperBlurt
"Spoiling anything regarding PaperBlurt's freshly released Twine TUNDRA would be a downright nasty thing to do."

Massive for a twine game; explore an arctic tundra, February 3, 2016
TUNDRA was one of the first Twine games I had every played, months ago. As such, I didn't like it at all, being used to parser games. I also thought the game was unfinished, because I hadn't found an important plot tool.

Having played more twine games, now, I see that this is actually a well-crafted game. I just played it through all the way to the ending, and I like it quite a bit better now.

The game allows you to undo at any time, and there is a map to help you move around. You can pick up 5 or more items in your endeavors. I am told there are 3 endings, but I only reached one.

You are in the arctic tundra and must explore. I found the game very reminiscent of Babel.

If you enjoyed TUNDRA...

People who like TUNDRA also gave high ratings to these games:

dontPush, by Filamena Young
This is my first twine game. It is a birth experience. Here’s a few things that are true. this is only a chain of events that are possible. Not for certain. Not even necessarily probable. This is not a ‘normal’ birth. There is no such...

Reset, by Autumn Nicole Bradley
Always trust your Administratrix. Willing but unwitting, one citizen experiences the new possibilities of kink in a transhuman cyborg future.

Toby's Nose, by Chandler Groover
A murder most foul has been committed and Sherlock Holmes is on the case. You are his dog.

TUNDRA appears in the following Recommended Lists:

Winter Wastelands by verityvirtue
Games set in the Arctic, Antarctic, or any other cold wilderness. Preferably with the isolation and harsh environment featuring prominently. Suggestions welcome. (Sorting is random, but games I have played come higher up)

This is version 7 of this page, edited by PaperBlurt on 6 May 2015 at 2:57am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item