Story file

Last Day

by Earth Traveler

2020

The world is about to end, and you are just a guy living on the islands of northwest Washington. What will you do on your last day?

First Publication Date: October 31, 2020
IFID: 04DEA054-5959-4EA9-82C2-7D831367658C
TUID: 9u8zksm7e51t3bar

11th Place, La Petite Mort - English - ECTOCOMP 2020

A short parser game about the end of the world, November 15, 2020
This game is surprisingly complex for a 4-hour game. There's conversation (although only ASK X ABOUT COMET works in general), many locations, a vehicle, rope.

There are a lot of grisly details. As a content warning, this game has frequent references to suicide. That part was a bit too dark for me.

I only found one ending, on a cliff. I'm sure there are other endings (I think other reviewers have found them).

The Earth is evil. We don't need to grieve for it., November 2, 2020
by jakomo
Related reviews: ectocomp2020
Melancholia: The Game. A comet has been forecast to strike the Earth and wipe out all life. Today is that day. A parser text adventure with a lot of locations, but sadly not much implemented in them. I assume this is at least partly intentional, to evoke the feeling of powerlessness, a world-weary depression that has descended over this character, and by extension of all humanity, knowing the inevitable end is nigh. This lack of connection further represented by the few NPCs scattered around, who cannot be communicated with or interacted with at all as far as I could tell. Gameplay seems to comprise finding the various ways to kill yourself, or waiting for the comet to do it for you. Lars Von Trier would love this game.

If you enjoyed Last Day...

People who like Last Day also gave high ratings to these games:

Mushroom Hunt, by Polyducks
By exploring your surroundings you will discover not only the mushrooms needed to help Granny make her stew, but information about your life.

I'll, by Sean Barrett

Three More Visitors , by Paul Stanley
Christmas Eve! You tell Bob to go home early; tidy up a little, and lock up the office shortly after four. You look on the old brass plate, which still reads “Scrooge & Marley”, probably for the last time. After visiting the engravers to...

This is version 3 of this page, edited by nf on 1 November 2020 at 12:32pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item