Zipped game file
Zip file containing all Grand Guignol entries into ECTOCOMP 2016

Vlad the Impala

by Pumpkin B. Parjeter profile

Humor

Years ago, the identity fraud began. Vlad the Impaler is a vampire. You are a hooved herbivore. You are the unfortunately named...Vlad the Impala.

A Grand Guignol entry for ECTOCOMP 2016.

First Publication Date: October 31, 2016
TUID: 9andc4cjxnvx408m

3rd Place, Le Grand Guignol - EctoComp 2016

A humorous shortish twine-like game with an impala, July 1, 2017
This game has you playing Vlad the Impala, whose identity has been stolen by the vampire Vlad the Impaler.

It is hyperlink-based, and has you going around collecting inventory items of a sort to turn on a device to destroy the Impaler. It has some plot twists.

The humor was actually pretty good, but there was some 'guess the link' issues with underclued puzzles. But with this and Dr. Sourpuss, the author has made some good games, and I hope they make more.

If you enjoyed Vlad the Impala...

People who like Vlad the Impala also gave high ratings to these games:

Invasion, by Cat Manning
The end of the world, and there's something after you. A short horror Twine about sacrifice, survival, and relative humanity. Le Grand Guignol entry in ECTOCOMP 2015.

Degeneracy, by Leonard Richardson
The glitterings of Gold, Jewels, Tapestries, &c. belie the Corruption of he who 'til recently occupied this high Seat. A white Carpet, once flanked by Sycophants & Counsellors, now lies untravelled. It leads away from the Seat & towards...

Moon Goon, by Caleb Wilson
A skilled courier of Saturnine encounters a cruel predicament. Written for ECTOCOMP 2018.

Vlad the Impala appears in the following Recommended Lists:

Ectocomp Games (All English Winners/Entries) by thecanvasrose

This is version 6 of this page, edited by Lance Campbell on 13 January 2020 at 3:54pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item