Night City 2020

by Hoper

Cyberpunk

Le quartier dans lequel vous déambulez est mal fréquenté, et vous observez avec un certain amusement les gens accélérer le pas pour regagner leur studio, avant que les gangs du quartier ne prennent possession des rues.

Eux, au moins, ont encore une chambre où dormir. En ce qui vous concerne, il ne vous reste que les vêtements que vous portez, le matériel cybernétique que vous vous êtes fait implanter, une centaine d'euro dollars, votre arme, et deux chargeurs.

Sans oublier bien sûr les quelques tueurs qui doivent maintenant être à vos trousses...

Language: French (fr)
First Publication Date: January 14, 2019
TUID: 91v31yb8bzba2ap7

Entrant - French Comp 2019

A faithful French Twine translation of a Cyberpunk roleplaying game, January 31, 2019
Related reviews: about 2 hours
This game is an odd one out in the French IF Comp. It seems to be a direct adaptation of a pre-existing Cyberpunk gamebook.

Because of this, the content size is enormous, with pages often having numerous paragraphs or in-depth conversations, with a minimal number of choices, each retaining their 'turn to page 182' text from the gamebook. The author made the choice of deleting choices which ask if you have a certain item that you don't, resulting in lots of text and few choices.

This made a stark contrast with the other Twine games, which feature more choice and less text. Both are good, but the text seemed also to have been written by a professional author, and just copied and pasted by Hoper (the pseudonym this was entered under). For some reason, I found that less appealing than 'fresh' IF. I can read a standard professional book author any day, but earnest amateur IF writing is harder to come by, and, in my personal opinion, more valuable.

Overall, I may have just been overwhelmed as a non-native speaker. I enjoyed it, but the first two pages had more text than the entirety of some of the other games in this comp, making it difficult for me as a non-native to read without getting fatigued.

This is version 1 of this page, edited by dutchmule on 26 January 2019 at 4:16am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item