Source Code
This is a pseudo-format used to represent download adviser records that apply to multiple formats. (Compressed with RAR. Unpacking tools are available for most platforms - see Wikipedia for pointers.)
Play Online via Wayback Machine

ALL I WANT IS FOR ALL OF MY FRIENDS TO BECOME INSANELY POWERFUL

by Porpentine profile

Porpenvalentine's Day

happy valentwine's day

please turn on your speakers and your monitor and your mouse and your keyboard when you play this

First Publication Date: February 2, 2013
TUID: 90gpuecuvbvgdit8

A Present from Porpentine, February 14, 2013
by Danielle (The Wild West)
Remarkable how the succinct sentences evoke such vivid images. I also enjoyed the structure of the work, especially with the Twine format...In parts where (Spoiler - click to show)there's only a link-sentence onscreen, and when you click it, it changes to another link-sentence it gives a really exciting sense of motion.

(Spoiler - click to show)Music scared the crap out of me, though!

I have little idea of what happened, but I enjoyed the ride! I think I'm turning into a fan.

(Happy Porpentine's Day to you, too, Porp!)

Drink that milk, November 11, 2014
This was confusing-- what am I saying? this was Porpentine. It had evocative hints of a bigger... world? story? Of a bigness. And little lines from the text stuck with me for days, like a song I couldn't shake off.

It was interactive and catchy, but there was no game element. No, I take that back. It had, spread liberally over the text, gamelike elements. Inventory lists. Other bits. It's like a narrative of playing a game, from the inside and the wrong point of view. Which fits the theme I took away very well, so I'm keeping it.

Anyhow, it's a worthy way to spend a few minutes.

Wild ride, April 20, 2014
I really love Porpentine's writing: it's always very sharp, blunt, and very evocative, both in the ideas/situations and in the way those are told. A very intriguing, fascinating repetition sets up a great twist, a big change that carries you powerfully. In the end, still don't really know what happened (I'm guessing a lot of it are metaphors, or used to convey an emotion or state of mind rather than facts - and with Porpentine's words, it works), but really enjoyed the experience.

If you enjoyed ALL I WANT IS FOR ALL OF MY FRIENDS TO BECOME INSANELY POWERFUL...

People who like ALL I WANT IS FOR ALL OF MY FRIENDS TO BECOME INSANELY POWERFUL also gave high ratings to these games:

Brume, by Rémi Verschelde (Akien)
A small game that won the French IF Comp 2008, in which you have to find the exit of an unknown room... but you wake up in some kind of altered state if I may say so... The emphasis has been set on the environment, the general ambiance...

The Veeder, by Christopher Brent
All the audience are wearing masks, hoods, veils, vizards, or vestments in order to preserve anonymity. Without anonymity, the entertainments would not be possible. Of all the beings in the arena, only The Veeder wears no mask.

Summit, by Phantom Williams
A dream-like journey through a drifting life. Headphones recommended.

ALL I WANT IS FOR ALL OF MY FRIENDS TO BECOME INSANELY POWERFUL appears in the following Recommended Lists:

The following polls include votes for ALL I WANT IS FOR ALL OF MY FRIENDS TO BECOME INSANELY POWERFUL:

Games with graphics and/or sound by eyesack
I couldn't find an easy way to search for this, so I figured I'd ask the hivemind: What games use graphics and/or sound to enhance the gameplay, similar to City of Secrets and Necrotic Drift?

Twine-bending Twine Games by Mostly Useless
Twine games that do something you found unusual and interesting, not in terms of story, but visually or mechanically, or both. So not just white text on black screen with a few links.

This is version 6 of this page, edited by Lance Campbell on 26 March 2020 at 11:56am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item