Saturdays

by verityvirtue

"The gateway opens once a week. Tomorrow I'm going in." Three schoolkids discover something very, very bad in an abandoned school.

Originally written for the A Game By its Cover jam. Submitted to ECTOCOMP 2017.

Content warnings for self-loathing, death and avoidable animal cruelty.

First Publication Date: October 29, 2017
TUID: 8ijpq356uwbqqysa

7th Place, Le Grand Guignol (English) - EctoComp 2017

A fun little creepy web-based game at a school with some text effects, November 3, 2017
This is a shortish Ectocomp game with nice styling and some interesting text-hover effects.

You play as a schoolgirl who makes a bizarre discovery with her friends. The game branches quite a bit, with each branch fairly short.

I'd go into more detail, but the interest of the game lies entirely in the oddness of it all.

I found one small issue; the 'cockroach' link led to a page which was just a blank line; this was my first playthrough, and I had to restart. I ended up playing through 3 times.

If you enjoyed Saturdays...

People who like Saturdays also gave high ratings to these games:

Enchanter, by Marc Blank, Dave Lebling
In Enchanter, the first of a spellbinding series in the tradition of Zork, you are a novice magician whom Fate has chosen to do singlehanded combat with a dark and fierce power. But worldly weapons will avail you naught, for your foe is...

To The Wolves, by Els White
Offered up as sacrifice to the wolf-gods of the forest, hunted by beasts and man alike, Ella must find a way to survive.

Pegasus, by Michael Kielstra
Pegasus: the best friend of a democracy and the worst enemy of a dictator. Their Agents safeguard the liberty of the people around the world. Trained by and armed with the best humanity has to offer, they would love to see themselves as...

This is version 1 of this page, edited by verityvirtue on 31 October 2017 at 10:08am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item