Saturdays

by verityvirtue

"The gateway opens once a week. Tomorrow I'm going in." Three schoolkids discover something very, very bad in an abandoned school.

Originally written for the A Game By its Cover jam. Submitted to ECTOCOMP 2017.

Content warnings for self-loathing, death and avoidable animal cruelty.

First Publication Date: October 29, 2017
TUID: 8ijpq356uwbqqysa

7th Place, Le Grand Guignol (English) - EctoComp 2017

A fun little creepy web-based game at a school with some text effects, November 3, 2017
This is a shortish Ectocomp game with nice styling and some interesting text-hover effects.

You play as a schoolgirl who makes a bizarre discovery with her friends. The game branches quite a bit, with each branch fairly short.

I'd go into more detail, but the interest of the game lies entirely in the oddness of it all.

I found one small issue; the 'cockroach' link led to a page which was just a blank line; this was my first playthrough, and I had to restart. I ended up playing through 3 times.

If you enjoyed Saturdays...