a short walk in the spring

by Amorphous

A procedurally-generated Twine. It's spring, and the flowers have sprouted in all the cities you used to go. Visit them to honor your ghosts, or wander away somewhere.

First Publication Date: April 4, 2019
TUID: 717obtuw82t8wglq

Entrant, Back Garden - Spring Thing 2019

A Walk Through S, May 2, 2019
by J. J. Guest (London, England)
I liked this. Structurally, as well as thematically, I was reminded of the 1978 film "A Walk Through H: The Reincarnation of an Ornithologist" by Peter Greenaway. Stylistically I was reminded by the work of the so-called Spectric School of poetry. It took me a long time to play through it, because I was always tempted to wander. The more I wandered, the more interesting the game became, and the reason for this is given in the afterword, which itself makes for interesting reading. The randomly generated text was well done, benefiting from a diverse vocabulary, but it might have been improved by more variety in terms of sentence structure. All in all, a very interesting literary experiment.

A partially-random walk in the forest, April 20, 2019
This was an interesting game. Perhaps the most interesting part was the author's afterword.

The idea is that you set off to several journeys that are procedurally generated. Along the path, you can control how surreal the messages are by staying on the path or wandering away.

Much of the conversations at the end of each journey were repetitive, which the author states is a bug. It gave an interesting effect, though, almost like a dream, a ghost conversation, or a fading memory.

a short walk in the spring on IFDB

The following polls include votes for a short walk in the spring:

"IF with, wings of poesy" by A. I. Wulf
I would like to explore the IF works with a pinch of poetry. I want to find the IF games with a good dose of emotions collected in tranquillity, heightened by wings of poesy.

This is version 2 of this page, edited by Sobol on 9 April 2019 at 2:15pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item