La noche en la ciudad

by Juan Antonio Paz Salgado

2020

Nueva mini aventura de Héctor el Inquisidor, con motivo de la ECTOCOMP 2020.

Pasa una ardiente noche con Héctor y sus fantasmas del pasado.

Language: Castilian (es)
First Publication Date: October 31, 2020
TUID: 6qvjzi8tae8o1riy

2nd Place, La Petite Mort - Spanish - ECTOCOMP 2020

A speed game about contemplating your sins, November 4, 2020
This was an odd game for me. It's very possible that it being in Spanish affected my interpretation of it, because I found it difficult to read due its large number of obscure words (you're essentially a grisly warrior fighting heretics in a fantasy world).

This is a short parser game, probably a speed-IF. You're in a room with a few clothes and some empty containers, and...that's it. There's a door, but it's locked. If you look close enough, you find that key. But the door has no keyhole! But again, that's all there is, right?

I looked at the source (very happy the author provided it!) and it seems that progression through the game involves doing specific actions several times, including (Spoiler - click to show)dropping the key and some actions that I've never really done in an IF (like (Spoiler - click to show)peeing in a jar).

So for me, I liked the descriptiveness and it felt spooky, but the interactivity and polish felt lacking. If this was a speed-IF or first game, it's actually pretty good! But it doesn't measure up to longer parser games.

This is version 1 of this page, edited by Ruber Eaglenest on 2 November 2020 at 4:27pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item