Commercial game not available for download.

Infidel

by Michael Berlyn

Adventure
1983

Infidel finds you marooned by your followers in the heart of the deadly Egyptian Desert. A soldier of fortune by trade, you've come hither in search of a great lost pyramid and its untold riches. Now, alone, you must locate and gain entry to the tomb, decipher its hieroglyphics and unravel its mysteries one by one.

Through the Antechamber, the Barge Room, the Chamber of Ra, death will lick at your heels as you race to the shattering climax of this match of wits between you and the most ingenious architects, builders and murderers of all time - the ancient Egyptians.

Difficulty: Advanced

License: Commercial
Development System: ZIL
Forgiveness Rating: Cruel
IFID: ZCODE-22-830916
TUID: anu79a4n1jedg5mm

Off-Site Reviews

Michael Berlyn's writing helps bring the pyramid to life, although I found some sections of the pyramid to be a bit weakly written. [...] My wildcard points went to the game's hieroglyphics. I had a lot of fun trying to decode them, and they made many of the puzzles solvable on the first try. (Stephen Granade)

I was disappointed with the other living characters, though: there aren't any! What's a good desert adventure story without a few scorpions, asps, and mummies? (Derek S Felton)

I have just read a Stephen King book in which he says all authors and readers have the "gotta" syndrome ..... "Gotta" know what happens next. I certainly was under the spell of "gotta" in this game. I just couldn't leave it alone, blow the housework and any other mundane tasks, I had to know just what was around the next corner.

Page Update History

v.4: 06-Mar-2013 12:21 - Edward Lacey (Current Version) - Edit Page - Normal View

Fatal error: Uncaught ArgumentCountError: Too few arguments to function mysql_query(), 1 passed in /homepages/28/d173029870/htdocs/ifdb/viewgame on line 2201 and exactly 2 expected in /homepages/28/d173029870/htdocs/ifdb/util.php:13 Stack trace: #0 /homepages/28/d173029870/htdocs/ifdb/viewgame(2201): mysql_query('select pagevsn,...') #1 {main} thrown in /homepages/28/d173029870/htdocs/ifdb/util.php on line 13