Zork II

- Denk, December 30, 2016

- EngineerWolf (India), December 18, 2016

- Xavid, December 7, 2016

- NinaS, July 3, 2016

A fantastic retooling of material from MIT Zork, with some new material, February 3, 2016
Related reviews: Infocom, 10+ hours
Zork II incorporates my favorite puzzles from MIT Zork: the palantirs, the tea room, the round room, the robot, the volcano, the glacier room. The dragon (a callback to Adventure) was a fun challenge, and the two or three NPCs made the game quite fun. I enjoyed watching the wizard travel around zapping me.

I prefer Zork I's treasure drop off system, however. It was annoying having a huge pile of treasure, not knowing what to do with it.

I used a walkthrough on a few places (especially the oddly-angled room), because I wanted to see the whole game. Having completed MIT Zork before made some of the hardest puzzles trivial.

- electromancer, July 19, 2015

- Robb Sherwin (Colorado), June 21, 2013

- DJ (Olalla, Washington), May 9, 2013

- absentsock, April 27, 2013

Adventure Classic Gaming

Gameplay follows the tradition set by the previous game of the trilogy. It is totally absorbing. You meet the Wizard of Frobozz very early on when he tries to prevent you from completing your quest. He also appears at random places throughout the game and casts various spells at you that can delay you considerably, but it is well worth noting the names of them. [...] From the perspective of an adventure gamer with a passion for interactive fiction, I really enjoy the complexity of some of the puzzles. They require an awful lot of thinking!
-- Karen Tyers