The Horrible Pyramid.zblorb
A revised post-competition edition.
Play online at sub-Q
EctoComp 2013 zip
Contains The Horrible Pyramid.zblorb
Zip of all EctoComp 2013 games.
For all systems. To play, you'll need a Z-Machine Interpreter with Blorb support - visit Brass Lantern for download links. (Compressed with ZIP. Free Unzip tools are available for most systems at www.info-zip.org.)

The Horrible Pyramid

by Ryan Veeder profile

Travel

Something weird is going on in this pyramid.

First Publication Date: October 31, 2013
License: Free
IFID: 51B53CCE-6164-4549-B90B-74043C3387F7
TUID: y3njzbvdp6zyike5

1st Place - Ectocomp 2013

Well-written and fun game, December 3, 2013
It is hard to review these short games; they tend to take 10-15 minutes to play through, and are usually worth trying.

This game in particular is definitely worth playing. It is a fun and well-written game which focuses on a standard egyptian pyramid trope. Unlike most of Veeder's work this game doesn't have any really subversive elements--it is a straight-forward and simple game which works well.

I don't think it stands up to the narrative quality of some of Veeder's other works, but is still a fun and engaging game.

A miniature, semi-silly game about a cursed pyramid , May 18, 2016
This Ryan Veeder game was a speed-IF entered in the Ectocomp one year. It was later tuned up and rereleased for Sub Q magazine.

The game has a small but detailed set of locations. As you explore the pyramid, you encounter a variety of Egyptian treasures and artwork. The plot thickens as it goes onward.

I enjoyed the writing and feeling of this game quite a bit. But I didn't really get into the puzzles quite as much. Considering its origin as speed IF, though, the game is quite remarkable.

fun and quick, March 31, 2016
a clever game. took about 5-10 minutes to finish. would have been shorter but (Spoiler - click to show) you can't go ne from the wheel room while wearing the items .

If you enjoyed The Horrible Pyramid...

Other members recommend these games for people who like The Horrible Pyramid, or gave both high ratings:

Infidel, by Michael Berlyn
Infidel finds you marooned by your followers in the heart of the deadly Egyptian Desert. A soldier of fortune by trade, you've come hither in search of a great lost pyramid and its untold riches. Now, alone, you must locate and gain...

Transilience, by Glass Rat Media
"Every time I open my eyes, I see that the world has changed. I'll wake up and it'll be like I'd only dozed off for a while. Like I'd slipped away into a dream during class and no one saw my chin slump down into my chest, or if I'd...

Heading East, by Hugo Labrande (as Alex Davies)
An entry in ShuffleComp: Disc 2. Inspired by "Vacant Night Sky" by Mecca Normal.

The following polls include votes for The Horrible Pyramid:

For Your Consideration: Games from 2013 that should be nominated for the XYZZY Awards by Molly
There were a lot of great games released in 2013, and now that the XYZZYs are coming up, it seems like a very good idea to take a poll of all the games from last year people would like to see nominated. The management has asked that we...

This is version 7 of this page, edited by MathBrush on 8 February 2017 at 4:55pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item