Steam
For Windows, Mac and Linux
App Store
for iPhone, iPad, and iPod
Google Play Store
For Android

Evertree Inn

by Thom Baylay

A mysterious tavern with a deadly secret! Check into this magical tale of murder and mystery where not everything is as it seems. Explore the tavern in secret or in style, meet and mingle with guests and staff, wield weapons and magic, and uncover clues before the killer strikes again!

Evertree Inn is an immersive 265,000-word interactive experience by Thom Baylay, where your choices control the story. It’s entirely text-based--without graphics or sound effects--and fueled by the vast unstoppable power of your imagination.

What will you do when an overnight stay in a highway tavern turns into the biggest mystery of your life? Will you rise to the challenge, or will you resist your destiny? Are you in it for the money, for the thrill of the chase, or are you secretly hoping for romance? Enter an open world, where the choices you ignore matter as much as the ones you explore and where every interaction has a reaction. Choose your path as elf or dwarf, human or halfling, or even the elusive brownie and find out if you have what it takes to survive the night at Evertree Inn!

• Immerse yourself in the fully open and explorable tavern where your actions have real consequences.
• Play as any one of five races, each with their own unique abilities and dialogue options!
• Overcome obstacles with brute strength, keen perception, natural cunning, and even magic.
• Battle with any weapon you can imagine or unleash an impressive arsenal of spells.
• Boldly confront guests and staff or lurk in the shadows as you uncover clues.
• Make enemies and friends and maybe even find true love.
• Play as male, female, or non-binary.
• Play as gay, straight, bisexual, or asexual.

License: Commercial
Development System: ChoiceScript
TUID: m5tszj6w01v7gpjd

Great game, December 26, 2017
by airylef
Related reviews: fantasy, mystery, relationship, LGBTQ
I enjoyed playing this a lot: getting to be non-binary and choose your sexuality is awesome. I loved discovering clues and ending up with my love! There's a few clues I didn't discover so I'll probably play again to try to find them all.

If you enjoyed Evertree Inn...

People who like Evertree Inn also gave high ratings to these games:

Choices: And Their Souls Were Eaten, by Tin Man Games, Felicity Banks
You have a gift. With your gift, the dead are never truly gone. But what if there is a dark side to your gift? What if there are those who can pervert your talent, and alter the balance of life and death? Travel across a steampunk 1830s...

1 AM, by Soundboy
Made for Ludum Dare 27. 1 AM is a short piece about how choices shape romantic relationships. I was inspired early on by the idea that the 10 seconds referred to by the theme weren't necessarily consecutive moments, and could be simply...

The Blind House, by Amanda Allen
I scarcely know the woman at my side. I don't even know why she was the one I turned to. I can only hope that we haven't been followed, that she won't ask too many questions. The only choice left to me now is to trust her.

This is version 2 of this page, edited by zeartless on 11 March 2017 at 6:34pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item