Online Play
hosted by Playfic

Craverly Heights

by Ryan Veeder profile

Take on the role of Doctor Langridge, whose patient, Janine, is very sick.

First Publication Date: March 18, 2014
IFID: D3C6DFB8-3327-4181-886A-64ABA4512F8C
TUID: lwydetlk1o0vc91q

A Veeder Episode, March 21, 2014
by Hanon Ondricek (United States)
This is a sparsely-implemented but well-written piece in Playfic. It feels like an example game, but contains Veeder's usual wit and noodles around with the PCs identity and inventory in a way that could be interestingly fleshed out in a longer piece. Any more description would spoil. Worth a look if you have ten minutes.

A short game with a twist and good source code, July 22, 2017
This review is for the Official Ryan Veeder Weekend Review Salon with Guaranteed Prize.

This Ryan Veeder game had me very confused, and then pleased, then more confused; then I read the source code, nodded, and understood.

You play a doctor trying to help a sick patient named Pauline. You are in a small hospital that is very... unusual, to say the least, in its geography.

The lack of cluing got to me, though, and the strong branching made each playthrough less memorable.

But the twist was pleasant.

If you enjoyed Craverly Heights...