Game File

A Walk In The Park

by Extra Mayonnaise

You're a punk in the park and you've no place to go. Meet some interesting people. Enjoy a bird's company. Don't get lost. And avoid authority.

First Publication Date: October 1, 2017
TUID: e05jiokh9niot1l3

68th Place - 23rd Annual Interactive Fiction Competition (2017)

A literal walk in the park, with some teenager-ish issues and few goals, November 16, 2017
This game is pretty aimless; you are on a bus that runs into something on the street, then you go around the park.

I think this part of what 'slice is life' is defined to be; there are no real goals. You can buy soda, talk to an old man, take Tylenol (which has very different effects than the Tylenol I'm used to. Unless it's Tylenol pm; maybe that makes more sense).

I found two different endings.

Out of my league, probably., October 8, 2017
by Marco Innocenti (Florence, Italy)
I didn't understand this game. The prose was superb (some would say a lil' bit too much wandering on the poetic shore), the setting intriguing... but what was this about?

I mean: the goal is obvious but how does (Spoiler - click to show)selling narcos to a bird and offering the same to an old lady fits said goal? Most of the times I was strolling thru the park (uhm, yeah), doing strange things to NPCs or items for the sake of what?

Ah: and the provided walkthrough is broken. So I couldn't actually finish the game, properly. I suppose that's where all the things are explained. Although almost everything the walkthrough told me to do was unclued. It fits the protagonist, maybe... but certainly not me.

This is version 2 of this page, edited by CMG on 16 November 2017 at 2:44pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item