aftrmath.gam

2000

Current Version: Release 1.2
IFID: TADS2-2D2E4FCFAD9DFAEAD69721E0759883C0
TUID: coehmf85g72ttpnf

37th Place - 6th Annual Interactive Fiction Competition (2000)

A striking beginning--you find yourself at the bottom of a pile of bodies--but there's not much else that's good here. You're on a battlefield after the battle's over, solving arbitrary puzzles; to be fair, there's a semblance of a plot (you're trying to build a memorial), but it's more an excuse for a scavenger hunt than an actual story. Buggy, with lots of writing errors.

-- Duncan Stevens

Sometimes a comp game can be summed up in one word. Of course, that never stops me from going ahead and writing three paragraphs about it anyway, explaining why that word fits, but for those with a distaste for verbosity, that one word can be a handy precis. Aftermath is such a game, and the word, I'm sorry to say, is "dismal."

Aftermath didn't get very good reviews following the competition, mainly because people were stuck at the beginning, but I disagree, as despite the gore I found it interesting. There was a little wordplay at the start trying to find the correct words to get out of the pit, but having played many Quilled games where it was often necessary to find the correct words to use, it didn't worry me.
-- Dorothy Millard

This is version 4 of this page, edited by Edward Lacey on 23 March 2013 at 7:35am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item