Play online
Download all Apollo 18 games
Contains html_i_palindrome_i.html
(Compressed with ZIP. Free Unzip tools are available for most systems at www.info-zip.org.)

I Palindrome I

First Publication Date: March 26, 2012
Development System: Javascript
TUID: cf9w0h3km7ti80cw

This Game Review Will Review This Game, March 26, 2012
A bite-sized wordplay piece that should take under five minutes to play. Fictional content is slight, surreal and entirely in service to the wordplay.

Most puzzles have a trick to them, a satisfying moment in which you discover how the thing works and can start to make progress. A really good puzzle still requires some ingenuity after you've worked out the trick. In a bad puzzle, all that's left after discovering the trick is brute-forcing or other kinds of tedious slog. By that standard, this isn't really good, nor is it bad; it swiftly delivers that single gleeful moment, and after that everything else is trivial.

A game about understanding the game and wordplay, May 29, 2016
From the Apollo 18 tribute album, this is a brief web-based game by Nick Montfort.

The game is all in palindromic sentences, so the words themselves aren't palindromes, but the sentences remain the same if you reverse the word order.

I tried several ideas, and got stuck, lost interest, and looked up the solution online. If you work at it, you can figure it out. I tried (Spoiler - click to show)VIEW CANYON VIEW, X ME X,<\spoiler> and stuff like that. It turns out I was close.

If you enjoyed I Palindrome I...

People who like I Palindrome I also gave high ratings to these games:

Insect Hospital, by Loren Sherman
A hypertext fiction based on the They Might Be Giants song of the same name.

The Wand, by Arthur DiBianca
Explore the wizard Bartholloco's castle with the help of a versatile magic wand. Can you overcome his challenge? Can you levitate a rock? Can you slice a baltavakia? (Puzzle-oriented and family friendly.)

Zork II, by Dave Lebling, Marc Blank
The Wizard appears, floating nonchalantly in the air beside you. He grins sideways at you. The Wizard incants "Fantasize," but nothing happens. He shakes his wand. Nothing happens. With a slightly embarrassed glance in your direction, he...

I Palindrome I appears in the following Recommended Lists:

Most unusual games by MathBrush
These are games that are very different than most games on IFDB. Some games that are exceptional in execution (like Counterfeit Monkey) are derived from concepts that are similar to other games (like Andrew Schultz's or Ad Verbum). This...

Apollo 18+20 by Teaspoon
Interactive fiction games, with one game per track on the album Apollo 18 by They Might Be Giants. The regular tracks are generally short games. The Fingertips tracks are one-move games (however the authors interpreted that). The games...

This is version 4 of this page, edited by <blank> on 30 May 2016 at 2:21pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item