sheep here.gblorb

sheep here

by Teaspoon profile

A pasture full of non-procedurally-generated grass for you, a sheep, to eat.

Created for the Tiny Utopia Jam.

First Publication Date: April 16, 2016
IFID: A50A39FE-8C1B-4FBC-A789-CBCDE7C189A1
TUID: 9pvtudv1p219elp

Winner - Tiny Utopia Jam

catacalypto
Possibilities in the TinyUtopias IF Jam
...I don’t want to overhype [sheep here] but please play this game. I think I’ve discovered I really love what I think of as “parser poetry”, small parser games with a limited verb set...

A tiny parser game about a happy happy sheep, April 20, 2016
Well, I don't know if the sheep is happy, but I was. In the tradition of Lost Pig and baby tree (2 very different games), we have sheep here, a terse, uncapitalized game consisting of brief sentences.

The aesthetic works for the game. A large chunk of the game consists of randomized text, with many clever results.

The game accounts for many, but not all, standard responses. A couple of these responses made me laugh out loud.

The subtitle about non-procedurally generated grass probably refers to a discussion in intfiction and euphoria chat about how randomness is not the same as procedural generation.

This game was entered in the Tiny Utopia jam, providing a fascinating concept of "utopia".

There were a few issues (like the moon being listed after it left), and even more commands could have been implemented. But these are minor quibbles.

If you enjoyed sheep here...