sheep here.gblorb

sheep here

by Teaspoon profile

A pasture full of non-procedurally-generated grass for you, a sheep, to eat.

Created for the Tiny Utopia Jam.

First Publication Date: April 16, 2016
IFID: A50A39FE-8C1B-4FBC-A789-CBCDE7C189A1
TUID: 9pvtudv1p219elp

Winner - Tiny Utopia Jam

catacalypto
Possibilities in the TinyUtopias IF Jam
...I don’t want to overhype [sheep here] but please play this game. I think I’ve discovered I really love what I think of as “parser poetry”, small parser games with a limited verb set...

A tiny parser game about a happy happy sheep, April 20, 2016
Well, I don't know if the sheep is happy, but I was. In the tradition of Lost Pig and baby tree (2 very different games), we have sheep here, a terse, uncapitalized game consisting of brief sentences.

The aesthetic works for the game. A large chunk of the game consists of randomized text, with many clever results.

The game accounts for many, but not all, standard responses. A couple of these responses made me laugh out loud.

The subtitle about non-procedurally generated grass probably refers to a discussion in intfiction and euphoria chat about how randomness is not the same as procedural generation.

This game was entered in the Tiny Utopia jam, providing a fascinating concept of "utopia".

There were a few issues (like the moon being listed after it left), and even more commands could have been implemented. But these are minor quibbles.

If you enjoyed sheep here...

People who like sheep here also gave high ratings to these games:

Cactus Blue Motel, by Astrid Dalmady
Somewhere between New Mexico and Arizona, three friends were driving through a barren desert of red rocks, and wide empty skies. It was the end of summer, the end of high school, the end of so many things. And then they found the Cactus...

The Meteor, The Stone And A Long Glass Of Sherbet, by Graham Nelson (as Angela M. Horns)
Another day wasted as guest of the Empress, a wretchedly long tour of the breath-taking Boreal Falls, conducted as ever by the Lady Amilia. As if she weren't bad enough, an honour guard of soldiers, their breast-plates red in the setting...

Antropology, by Oreolek
** On benefits of speech. ** A micro abstract interactive text piece, about one minute long.

sheep here appears in the following Recommended Lists:

Cute games by MathBrush
These are games which are cute and/or sweet, in the sense that they are pleasant, relaxing, appropriate for children, or meant to warm your heart. This doesn't include absurdist games or more traditional fairy tales with strong elements...

This is version 6 of this page, edited by verityvirtue on 1 September 2016 at 2:27am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item