triune.zip *

Are made of."
[--blurb from Competition Aught-One]

IFID: TADS2-278F4967C3394E746604E77C011BC15B
TUID: 9pusb93mtxq2knrs

9th Place - 7th Annual Interactive Fiction Competition (2001)

As an examination of femininity and how it works in culture, Triune is partially successful, offering some moments that are quite moving indeed, and bringing mythical elements into some interesting collisions, though not always as coherently as might be hoped. As a game, it's got some serious flaws, but is still worth exploring.

A fantasy game about womanhood and abuse, April 16, 2016
In this game, you take a metaphorical journey through a fantasy land that you have created to avoid your abusive father.

At first, I was intimidated, and stuck to the walkthrough straight to the ending. I found the game intriguing as it dealt with blood, innocence, betrayal, and basically a lot of metaphors about women and femininity (such as a unicorn you can kill or help, a female vampires, and so on).

Afterwards, I heard there were several endings. I tried to find hints on them, but finally I had to just look for myself. And it wasn't hard to find a lot; many people give you quests, and if you finish them, you get an ending.

Some events were traumatic (like a (Spoiler - click to show)rape, not in the walkthrough) and others were mysterious.

The implementation is spotty in places.

Excellent game. Highly recommended.

If you enjoyed Triune...

People who like Triune also gave high ratings to these games:

Muse: An Autumn Romance, by Christopher Huang
Early September, 1886. Autumn. The Victorian Era. The Rev. Dawson, 59, is off to the Continent and an unexpected Romance... [--blurb from The Z-Files Catalogue]

Divis Mortis, by Lynnea Dally
The infection has spread. They are coming.

Word of the Day, by Richard Otter
You are the very first Outer Worlder to gain an appointment on a Bio-Drive vessel, let alone as part of the engineering team. Looking to gain enough credits to procreate could this be your first and last journey?

Triune appears in the following Recommended Lists:

Surreal/trippy/metaphor/mind's journey, with two worlds by MathBrush
There is a big genre of games where you explore a metaphorical region of dreams or symbolism, and which has meaning in the 'real world'. I love this genre, and these are my favorite examples of the genre. I only include games where there...

The following polls include votes for Triune:

Once More, With Feelies by Ghalev
I'm polling to learn of modern (post-commercial-era) IF that revels in the tradition of providing additional documentation & related materials which are evocative and deepen your enjoyment of the game. What games have gone that extra...

This is version 3 of this page, edited by Paul O'Brian on 25 April 2008 at 6:44pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item