triune.zip *

Are made of."
[--blurb from Competition Aught-One]

IFID: TADS2-278F4967C3394E746604E77C011BC15B
TUID: 9pusb93mtxq2knrs

9th Place - 7th Annual Interactive Fiction Competition (2001)

As an examination of femininity and how it works in culture, Triune is partially successful, offering some moments that are quite moving indeed, and bringing mythical elements into some interesting collisions, though not always as coherently as might be hoped. As a game, it's got some serious flaws, but is still worth exploring.

A fantasy game about womanhood and abuse, April 16, 2016
In this game, you take a metaphorical journey through a fantasy land that you have created to avoid your abusive father.

At first, I was intimidated, and stuck to the walkthrough straight to the ending. I found the game intriguing as it dealt with blood, innocence, betrayal, and basically a lot of metaphors about women and femininity (such as a unicorn you can kill or help, a female vampires, and so on).

Afterwards, I heard there were several endings. I tried to find hints on them, but finally I had to just look for myself. And it wasn't hard to find a lot; many people give you quests, and if you finish them, you get an ending.

Some events were traumatic (like a (Spoiler - click to show)rape, not in the walkthrough) and others were mysterious.

The implementation is spotty in places.

Excellent game. Highly recommended.

If you enjoyed Triune...