The House of Mystery (Version 1.1.3) *
Contains The House of Mystery/Project New Media.materials/Release/The House of Mystery.gblorb
Latest Version.
The House of Mystery (Version 1.0) *
Old Version. Runs on Vorple interpreter.

The House of Mystery

by James G. Lynch (Jimmy Joe)

Description:
A house in the middle of the woods has been sitting here for years. Rumors have been spread that the person who once owned this house has mysteriously disappeared off the face of the earth and no one seems to remember anything about it at all. Perhaps an unknown malevolent force has taken this poor soul away or maybe the house is haunted by a dark entity that is solely bent on destruction and chaos. As an investigator, it's up to you to check and see what secrets lie within this treacherous home. Uncover the lost bits of somebody's past and find out what really happened here many years ago.

This game was initially a project for my New Media Perspectives class in college. I was never expecting to make a fully finished game out of it, but after a while I began to get interested in what I was making and expanded upon what I've started. Now after about 2 months (4/10/18 - 6/8/18) of hard work I've been able to make my first ever text-based game. I hope you enjoy what I've made so far. If you ever happen to find a bug or any spelling/grammar error, please contact me at 0516jgl@gmail.com so that I can fix it ASAP. Thank you and enjoy! (PS: Anyone who sends me weird and stupid crap or whatever shall be blocked and/or put into the black hole that is my spam folder.)

DISCLAIMER
Game May Contain the Following:
Mild Language
Mildly Disturbing Content (But no imagery thankfully)
Unfair Deaths (...that can be undone)
Stupid Humor
Satire
Whatever Else the Internet Hates
And a Whole Lot of Reading/Typing (The horror)

Viewer Discretion Advised

Original cover art made by AppleSin (Mistrie Orange).
All rights reserved and such.

Play Game Online:

News

The House of Mystery (1.1.3) September 30, 2018
Expand all | Add a news item

Interesting; needs work, July 6, 2018
In the current 1.0 version, the zip includes full source and a Vorple website AND a gblorb. I couldn't get the Vorple website to display images, even when I ran it on a localhost server, but the gblorb displayed images just fine, so just use that. It's in "Project New Media.materials/Release/The House of Mystery.gblorb".

The puzzles I encountered were interesting, but eventually I got stuck. The game doesn't offer a walkthrough or in-game hints. The game doesn't credit beta testers and has a lot of "You can't see any such thing" errors.

I look forward to a future version of this game.

This is version 11 of this page, edited by Jimmy Joe on 14 October 2018 at 11:17am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item