Game runs on Vorple. If it doesn't load up on browser, it may be because I have not "uploaded it to the Internet" correctly. (The way they say it is so vague.) Creating a localhost server is also necessary to play it.
Game Download
Contains The House of Mystery.gblorb
For all systems. To play, you'll need a glulx interpreter - visit Brass Lantern for download links. (Compressed with ZIP. Free Unzip tools are available for most systems at www.info-zip.org.)

The House of Mystery

by James G. Lynch

Description: A house in the middle of the woods has being sitting here for years. Rumors have speculated that the person who once owned this house has mysteriously disappeared off the face of the earth and no one seems to remember anything about it at all. As an investigator, it's up to you to check and see what secrets lie within this treacherous home. Uncover the lost bits of somebody's past and find out what really happened here.

This game was initally a project for my New Media Perspectives class in college. I was never expecting to make a fully finished game out of it, but after a while I began it get interested in what I was making and expanded upon what I've started. Now after about 2 months of hard work I've been able to make my first ever text-based game. I hope you enjoy what I've made so far. If you ever happen to find a bug or any spelling/grammar error, please contact me at 0516jgl@gmail.com so that I can fix it ASAP. Thank you and enjoy! (P.S. - Anyone who sends me weird and stupid crap or whatever will be blocked and/or put into the black hole that is my spam folder.)

Disclaimer: This game has some mild language and disturbing content that may not be comfortable for most people. Not all content I include is rightful mine. Full credit goes to anything that is not owned by me.

Original cover art made by AppleSin (Mistrie Orange). All rights reserved and such.

Language: English (en-US)
First Publication Date: June 8, 2018
Forgiveness Rating: Tough
IFID: FD716327-8FB0-4A1A-AA85-D5FBAE9ED940
TUID: 8hhjm6cul2qtxim

Interesting; needs work, July 6, 2018
In the current 1.0 version, the zip includes full source and a Vorple website AND a gblorb. I couldn't get the Vorple website to display images, even when I ran it on a localhost server, but the gblorb displayed images just fine, so just use that. It's in "Project New Media.materials/Release/The House of Mystery.gblorb".

The puzzles I encountered were interesting, but eventually I got stuck. The game doesn't offer a walkthrough or in-game hints. The game doesn't credit beta testers and has a lot of "You can't see any such thing" errors.

I look forward to a future version of this game.

This is version 2 of this page, edited by Autymn D. C. on 17 June 2018 at 11:24pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item