cc.acd
also need cc.​dat
For all systems. To play, you'll need an Alan Interpreter for your system - visit the Alan home page for download links.
cc.dat
also need cc.​ast
Requires an AdvSys interpreter. (This is an older format that is no longer supported.)
cc.txt

1998

Development System: Alan 2
IFID: ALAN-06F8D1C36ECBFE2BCC773E743699EEB8
TUID: 58b0tx19wzbuwlpr

18th Place - 4th Annual Interactive Fiction Competition (1998)

A small, easy game that involves floating in voids and using a magic ring to awaken hidden powers, or something like that. Things just kind of happen without explanation. Ah well, at least there isn't a tedious backstory about an evil wizard trying to take over the world or anything. Be sure to use a version of the Alan runtime that keeps a command history (such as the Glk version); it should make one particular puzzle much more bearable.

-- Carl Muckenhoupt

CC is a dreamlike piece of work that starts out in a void and moves into a desert. Its landscape remains spare, and the meaning is never clarified at any point in the game. Things never make all that much sense, and even after the ending "revelation" I never felt like I had any more understanding of the game than I started out with. The author is aware of this, and says in the text included with the game "You probably won't understand what the game is about, but that's all right... I just wanted to write something that doesn't make much sense." Mission accomplished. Actually, that probably sounds like I hated the game, which I didn't at all. CC is rather evocative, and although I couldn't begin to offer an interpretation of what it means, it wasn't an unpleasant experience to wander through the game's strange desert artifacts.

A surrealist game about your inner self, July 5, 2017
This is a shortish, underclued but interesting surreal game where you explore the inner workings of your own mind. It reminds me of Blue Chairs, but shorter and less humorous.

This game is has elements similar to Mikko's last game. Both games were written in a couple of weeks. It contains some juvenile bot non-explicit references to nudity.

I found it difficult to know what to do next, but the walkthrough was helpful. It has a very clever puzzle involving mutating words that accounts for many false attempts.

This is version 2 of this page, edited by Paul O'Brian on 7 May 2008 at 1:09pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item