Jugar en Línea en Español:

Al Final del Recorrido

by Guillermo Crespi profile

Slice of life

Una breve historia interactiva con cinco posibles finales, acerca de un joven personaje y su regreso a casa después de un día muy particular.

(Available only in Spanish for now, I plan to translate it into English as soon as I can -- the author)

Language: Castilian (es)
First Publication Date: August 26, 2017
IFID: BB9AE3B9-B5C2-46AC-834C-5106318EEA97
TUID: 4ef85aapdiwcrm22

An eery slice of life Twine game with 5 endings and a non-trivial length, August 27, 2017
This game surprised me by its quality. I can't vouch for the writing quality; as Spanish is not my native language, anything written in it sounds nice to me. But the concepts were really beautiful.

You play as a young person on a bus home, when things take an unexpected turn. The situation you find yourself in is at once relatable and deeply uncomfortable.

The game made good use of text effects, switching colors of the background and text, using different font sizes, etc.

There was some overarching Thing which I didn't get because of my poor Spanish, something about (Spoiler - click to show)graduation and getting covered in floor and eggs?

It seemed fairly linear to me, but a second replay had about 40% new text, so I was impressed. I would have rated this game somewhere in the 7-9 range in IFComp. Well done. My only wish is that there was some more consistency in how mid-game links were handled, as it was hard to know what clicking on different texts would do. On the other hand, given the general feel of confusion the game evokes, it may have been an intentional design choice.

If you enjoyed Al Final del Recorrido...

People who like Al Final del Recorrido also gave high ratings to these games:

Uxmulbrufyuz, by Andrew Schultz
EctoComp 2017 entry. Quick weird abstract puzzle.

Primer, by Christina Nordlander
Pulling the trigger. Winnable. Made in three hours for ECTOCOMP 2017. Content warning: violence against a family member.

The Cube in the Cavern, by Andrew Schultz
A round world is scientifically ridiculous, of course, but a cube floating in air? You just might find a great scientific secret. Don't be too square to give it a try!

This is version 5 of this page, edited by GuilleC on 28 August 2017 at 10:08am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item