doplgngr.zip
MS-DOS Application (Compressed with ZIP. Free Unzip tools are available for most systems at www.info-zip.org.)

Dopplegänger

by Payman Parastaran and Thomas Long

1985

TUID: xco13nm9ikkio038

I'll admit that I haven't played this one very much. How can I review it, then? Simply because I must. There are two urgent warnings you must have about this game. Firstly, you cannot save your game to your hard drive; you must have a floppy to save. Secondly, "put x in y" is not the same as "insert x in y". The former will not produce the side-effects of the latter. For days, I was unable to leave the first three rooms because of this. That said, this game is a Blade Runner-ish search for a missing experimental android in a futuristic city. The parser is very weak. More info will probably follow.

-- Carl Muckenhoupt

Dopplegänger on IFDB

The following polls include votes for Dopplegänger:

Worst IF Titles by diddlescatter
(Sorry, Fredrik, but your poll was such a great idea that I couldn't resist!) So here's the question: Which titles out there do you absolutely hate? Remember, it doesn't have to be a game you've actually played. In fact, maybe it's a...

This is version 1 of this page, last edited on 29 September 2007 at 8:49pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item