Tokyo Wizard

by Adrao

Tokyo Wizard is a 144,000 word tale in which you'll learn the power of magic and the consequences of it. Become one with Shinto animal spirit magic, learn powerful battle spells, or choose the path of necromancy and command an undead army! The game is entirely text-based–without graphics or sound effects, where your choices control entirely the outcome of the game. Can you free Tokyo from the evil menace facing it, or will you be consumed by dark magic?

• Learn over 60 unique spells, divided into magic schools such as necromancy and illusion.
• Battle or befriend an array of Japanese mythological creatures, including guardian Nio, bakeneko, forest Kappa and powerful elementals.
• Three different game paths with 30+ endings.
• Restore yourself to life with the save system.

First Publication Date: December 15, 2016
Current Version: 1.0.1
License: Commercial
Development System: ChoiceScript
TUID: wirycnovyfibdg3c

David Gultom, Google Play review
Reviews
David Gultom

Very very Amazing book. I have read lots and lots of CYOA books in my life. And this has got to be on of the best. Its story is so versatile and there are lots and lots of ending s. I have disvoberd 12 of them and expect to find more. There might be a couple of typos here and there but not bad enough so that you can still understand. Very very good book.

If you enjoyed Tokyo Wizard...

People who like Tokyo Wizard also gave high ratings to these games:

Untitled Nopperabou Game, by Stewart C Baker
A spooky homage to Untitled Goose Game set in 1700s Japan, created for Ectocomp 2019. It's a beautiful night in the village. You're a faceless ghost.

Girth Loinhammer and the Quest for the Unsee Elixir, by Damon L. Wakes
You are Girth Loinhammer, Dungeon Lord! It's a pretty sweet gig, with a gigantic trap-filled underground dungeon and a vast collection of torture devices with which to torment those who venture within your domain. Or rather, it would be...

Swigian, by Mathbrush (as Rainbus North)
I don't like talking. Let's build a fire. Swigian is a minimalist game. It is long, but quickly finished, with few words and few complications.

The following polls include votes for Tokyo Wizard:

Best Choicescript games by MathBrush
I've only played a few choicescript games, but I loved Creatures Such as We, The Race, and Scarlet Sails. What can you recommend?

This is version 5 of this page, edited by Sam Kabo Ashwell on 3 March 2017 at 9:58pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item