Have you played this game?You can rate this game, record that you've played it, or put it on your wish list after you log in.
Playlists and Wishlists
RSS FeedsNew member reviews
Updates to downloadable files
All updates to this page
About the StoryEnter the world of master storytellers. Before there were state-of-the-art consoles, tablets and PCs capable of amazing graphics, gamers had to use their imagination and wit, to solve intricate puzzles and progress through these text-only adventure gaming classics.
The Lost Treasures of Infocom brings these classic works of interactive fiction to life for the first time on iPad, iPhone & iPod Touch. This definitive collection of 27 adventure games spanning fantasy, sci-fi, mystery, horror & more, places you in the center of immersive, richly-detailed interactive worlds full of interesting locations, engaging puzzles & surprising twists & turns. You’re more than just a passive reader as you engage directly with the story by typing actions through your keyboard. Use your imagination to come up with creative solutions to puzzles with multiple solutions as you progress through each adventure and bring these stories to life!
• Download today & get the all-time adventure classic that started it all, Zork I: The Great Underground Empire, for FREE! Plunge beneath the surface of the earth in search of the long lost Treasures of Zork. Starting from a field west of the iconic White House, Zork beckons you into a world fraught with danger & discovery.
• Collect & play the original Infocom text adventure library with 27 games in all, including The Zork™ Series, Planetfall®, The Enchanter Trilogy, Leather Goddesses of Phobos® & many more!
• Interact with all of the original classic Infocom collectables, from the packaging & game manuals to the in-box "feelies", all faithfully reproduced for fans of the series
• Access special interactive versions the original InvisiClues hint books, & full game maps for each title, accessible from within the games themselves
• Learn about the rise & fall of Infocom, with an exclusive history article written exclusively for the app
• Showcase your adventure game accomplishments to your friends with full GameCenter leaderboard support
• Also includes the exclusive, never-before-published text adventure “Zork: The Undiscovered Underground”, written by original Infocom designers
• Re-live these brilliant & imaginative adventure titles with over 350 hours of gameplay
• A Mind Forever Voyaging
• Border Zone
• Hollywood Hijinx
• Leather Goddesses of Phobos
• The Lurking Horror
• Plundered Hearts
• Suspended: A Cryogenic Nightmare
• The Witness
• Zork 1: The Great Underground Empire (FREE with free initial download)
• Zork 2 : The Wizard of Frobozz
• Zork 3 : The Dungeon Master
• Zork: The Undiscovered Underground (bonus game for purchasing the Complete Collection)
Text Adventures at Their Best
The part that's blowing my mind is just how well these games have made the translation to iOS. Yes, you could play them in Frotz [Free], assuming you had the files from a previous release, but you probably won't want to once you've had a chance to play with all the toys Activision has included.
See the full review
An attractive package... but the interface is a little too slow for comfort.
Lost Treasures of Infocom can’t quite decide which audience it’s going for: existing interactive fiction fans or new players. It tries a few ease-of-use tricks to help attract interactive fiction newbies, but it also includes legacy things like scans of feelies, something that might confuse anyone who didn’t grow up with packaged versions of the games. Between that and the desperate attempt to wiggle extra in-app purchase cash out of each user, the whole experience ends up getting in the way of enjoying the games themselves. Despite being a gateway to dozens of hours of some of the best classic text adventures ever released, this version of Lost Treasures of Infocom just doesn’t quite get things together.
See the full review
|Average Rating: |
Number of Reviews: 1
Write a review
Until without warning, it no longer worked, due to the IOs 11 update. Wish they would update it for iOS 11, that`s $9.99 gone.
This is version 4 of this page, edited by Daniel Gunnell on 1 March 2018 at 1:28pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item